Vocal tips for a 9-year-old?

My son wants to cover a song with me. The original singer has a high voice, so it should be within his range, but I'm not a vocalist. Other than making him practice the song over and over, I'm going to do these things;

1. Make him stand and aim the mic down at him to force him to open his throat and lungs more.

2. Build a ghetto vocal iso booth around him with pillows and comforters on a frame.

3. Many, many takes.

4. Have him drink warm herbal tea before and during.

Is there anything else I need to know?

My son wants to cover a song with me. The original singer has a high voice, so it should be within his range, but I'm not a vocalist. Other than making him practice the song over and over, I'm going to do these things;

1. Make him stand and aim the mic down at him to force him to open his throat and lungs more.

2. Build a ghetto vocal iso booth around him with pillows and comforters on a frame.

3. Many, many takes.

4. Have him drink warm herbal tea before and during.

Is there anything else I need to know?

Don't force or make anything. Make sure he wants to do it. Standing posture should be as natural as possible. (no head craning back to get the mic for example) Limit the recording session to under an hour at a time. (maybe even less than that). herbal Tea. Good. I recommend a blend of Hibiscus and Chrysanthemum though i'm not sure about giving anything to a nine year old.

Is it a Rush cover? :)