Liberi Fatali - Final Fantasy VIII (big challange i know..)

Kaspar

ok guys this is the concept:

you probably all know Liberi Fatali..

Maybe you also know Death Note..well in Death Note Ost there is a track that really reminds to me of Liberi Fatali: Low of Solispism.

Anyway here you can listen at them:

Liberi Fatali http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnv5F-etIHc

Low of Solipsism http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExxFuR8kOgM

I think a sort of mix of these 2 songs could really be epic but it should be in the same style (orchestral) not dance,techno,rock or whatever please..

I think the base song should be the 2nd but whith chorus from Liberi Fatali..BUT you're the artist not me so.. if you like the idea let's see what you can do whith it!

• 2 weeks later...

If someone is able to do this, they deserve to be looked at as a master composer.

One trend I have noticed is that few people here are remixing current games. For example, my 6000-song music collection does not contain any Final Fantasy XIII-2 remixes. The game has been out for a year, so you can't say that it's too soon for people to have played it.

My theory is that people don't remix newer songs because game music has advanced so much over the years that an excessive cost would be involved in remixing them. Liberi Fatali would be nearly impossible to do well because one would need a full choir. If the choir wasn't in the remix, then people would see it as a "novice" work. Remixes have to improve upon the original in order to be successful, which is why there are no remixes of "Heart of Chaos" in Final Fantasy XIII-2, for example.

I was able to locate one remix of Liberi Fatali, though: http://gameremixes.com/remixes/2264-v1-jayjerkin-Liberi_Falti_or_somethin_like_that_lol. The author obviously made a good effort, and I don't like to criticize musicians for trying, but I think that this artist had little chance of success from the start. The source material was just too high a bar for someone without many musicians and a recording studio.

On a side note, this doesn't bode well for the video game remix community, as many current songs have already surpassed this "unattainable" level.

I think your idea would have to be modified to not focus on the "chorus" from Liberi Fatali, as you said, but instead use some other part of the song. The drums or violins might be a better choice, but I don't know if they would capture the essence of such a seminal work.

you probably all know Liberi Fatali..

Maybe you also know Death Note..well in Death Note Ost there is a track that really reminds to me of Liberi Fatali: Low of Solispism.

Anyway here you can listen at them:

Liberi Fatali http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnv5F-etIHc

Low of Solipsism http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExxFuR8kOgM

I think a sort of mix of these 2 songs could really be epic but it should be in the same style (orchestral) not dance,techno,rock or whatever please..

I think the base song should be the 2nd but whith chorus from Liberi Fatali..BUT you're the artist not me so.. if you like the idea let's see what you can do whith it!

If someone is able to do this, they deserve to be looked at as a master composer.

One trend I have noticed is that few people here are remixing current games. For example, my 6000-song music collection does not contain any Final Fantasy XIII-2 remixes. The game has been out for a year, so you can't say that it's too soon for people to have played it.

My theory is that people don't remix newer songs because game music has advanced so much over the years that an excessive cost would be involved in remixing them. Liberi Fatali would be nearly impossible to do well because one would need a full choir. If the choir wasn't in the remix, then people would see it as a "novice" work. Remixes have to improve upon the original in order to be successful, which is why there are no remixes of "Heart of Chaos" in Final Fantasy XIII-2, for example.

I was able to locate one remix of Liberi Fatali, though: http://gameremixes.com/remixes/2264-v1-jayjerkin-Liberi_Falti_or_somethin_like_that_lol. The author obviously made a good effort, and I don't like to criticize musicians for trying, but I think that this artist had little chance of success from the start. The source material was just too high a bar for someone without many musicians and a recording studio.

On a side note, this doesn't bode well for the video game remix community, as many current songs have already surpassed this "unattainable" level.

I think your idea would have to be modified to not focus on the "chorus" from Liberi Fatali, as you said, but instead use some other part of the song. The drums or violins might be a better choice, but I don't know if they would capture the essence of such a seminal work.

(an answer! 8O )

you're absolutely right about almost everything but:

-I'm quite sure that the clean chorus from liberi fatali can be found somewhere (and in the remix you just linked seems the author had it..

-It's really hard to do it and i know (this is why i wrote "big challange") but recently I found this on the tube:

that is a "fan remake" from the epic (still not released) music of FF Versus Trailer..

I think the quality is really good (not the same of the original but close enough) and if someone has been able to do this then even my idea could be done maybe :roll:

I've been working a little bit on FF XIII and XIII-2 remixin'. Doubt I'll ever finish 'em though.

There are many great remixes of newer games out there, which are usually not on sites like OCR. I'd say a far more common reason for there being a lack of remixes of newer games is that most people around here don't even attempt to figure out songs by ear. Therefore, there is a lack of MIDI files floating around the web to create remixes off of for the newer games.

Anyway, good luck with gettin' someone to make the liberi fatali mix. Saw the song performed at VGL on the weekend and it was epic.

I've listened to it and I can't find a good reason to post the link here.. but probably you just wanted to gain some free views on the tube..

At least next time try to write anything more than the link to justify the OT.

Considering I didn't even upload the video, I'm not sure what you're trying to imply here. This is one of the few arrangements of Liberi Fatali, and it's by Nobuo Uematsu's own band, the Earthbound Papas. You were asking about Liberi Fatali remixes, and there is one for you. Whether you like it or not is up to you, not me.

Considering I didn't even upload the video, I'm not sure what you're trying to imply here. This is one of the few arrangements of Liberi Fatali, and it's by Nobuo Uematsu's own band, the Earthbound Papas. You were asking about Liberi Fatali remixes, and there is one for you. Whether you like it or not is up to you, not me.

In this case sorry but maybe next time add a comment more than the link only..

Anyway if you read carefully what I wrote ...

..and more of these this post was not about a simple remix but about a sort of fusion between 2 similar themes.

Probably nobody will ever do this but I'd like to see the post clean from OT :)

• 1 month later...

Hmmm, here's my feeling about the request, even though it's probably not what you want to hear, but maybe I can offer an insight since I consider myself someone capable of fulfilling this request.

I often come to the Remix Request section of OCR to be inspired--if I feel like I've got writer's block or I'm bored or whatever.

It seems fairly consistent that I do not find something that is in my vein or interest, but I like to look anyway.

This is something that would be in my vein, that is something I would categorize as my kind of music.

With that said, I feel like these two themes (and using the word theme is pretty loose referring to the Death Note cue which has minimal melodic material) are so similar in generic ways, that I feel the work and effort spent on transcribing both cues in order to elegantly combine them in a way that spoke to both of the sources or said something new would be a lot of work for a not very impressive resulting piece.

That's my feeling, and that's what I think when I see a post like this. As someone capable of this, it doesn't sound like a fun idea to actually execute.

Maybe other people will feel differently. Anyway, I hope that helps.

Hmmm, here's my feeling about the request, even though it's probably not what you want to hear, but maybe I can offer an insight since I consider myself someone capable of fulfilling this request.

I often come to the Remix Request section of OCR to be inspired--if I feel like I've got writer's block or I'm bored or whatever.

It seems fairly consistent that I do not find something that is in my vein or interest, but I like to look anyway.

This is something that would be in my vein, that is something I would categorize as my kind of music.

With that said, I feel like these two themes (and using the word theme is pretty loose referring to the Death Note cue which has minimal melodic material) are so similar in generic ways, that I feel the work and effort spent on transcribing both cues in order to elegantly combine them in a way that spoke to both of the sources or said something new would be a lot of work for a not very impressive resulting piece.

That's my feeling, and that's what I think when I see a post like this. As someone capable of this, it doesn't sound like a fun idea to actually execute.

Maybe other people will feel differently. Anyway, I hope that helps.

Thanks for your answer ;-)

I agree whith almost everything you said but not whith "not very impressive resulting piece" even because this depends on by who and how the piece is done :)

Anyway I really appreciated that you at least considered the idea and made a quick analysis before you discarded it and then you spent time to explain me why.

One day maybe I'll try to learn how to do this by myself but know I'm busy whith 3D study so till that day I'll have to wait :)