FREE ALBUM RELEASE - 9-bit Blitzkrieg

WillRock

9-bit Records and myself are proud to announce the release of:

9-bit Blitzkrieg

3209291291-1.jpg

An original chiptune compilation album, featuring the talents of Mazedude, lazygecko (formally known as Gecko Yamori), halc, PROTODOME, Suzumebachi, TheGuitahHeroe, Hylian Lemon, DDRKirby(ISQ), myself, and many more! And best of all, this album is FREE!!!!

Part of my inspiration for making this album was to showcase many of the artists on OverClocked Remix as composers of originals works. However, release on OverClocked Remix was not possible due to the site objectives.

For anyone who doesn't know, 9-bit records is halc's new chiptune label, and is currently taking demos and submissions for future releases!

You can download the album from here: http://9bitrecords.com/releases/9-bit-blitzkrieg/

Thank you to everyone who has helped with the creation of this album, be it music, art, or simply showing your support, its greatly appreciated!!

News Articles

Destructoid: http://www.destructoid.com/ocr-s-willrock-and-more-chip-out-on-9-bit-blitzkrieg-238111.phtml

I'll definitely be checking this out.

Is 9-bit Records exclusively electronica, btw? I do a bit of metalcore/chiptune fusion, and might be interested in a label.

Nope, not exclusively. It's pretty open-ended, as long as chiptunes or 16-bit style sounds are involved. ;)

T-minus 3 hours until launch! Please join us at 10pm EST for the listening/release party! :D

This is a really good album. Even though there are a lot of artists on show here, the album feels pretty unified with a unique sound, so congrats on that. I'm curious how everyone came together to make it - was it just a word of mouth thing? Was there a thread I missed or something? Either way - nice work+grats to everyone involved!

It's a little hard to pick favorites since I'm only on my second listen, but Shooting Star, Bubble Bath, & Pixel Sky are really, really awesome.

This is a really good album. Even though there are a lot of artists on show here, the album feels pretty unified with a unique sound, so congrats on that. I'm curious how everyone came together to make it - was it just a word of mouth thing? Was there a thread I missed or something? Either way - nice work+grats to everyone involved!

No Thread, I did it in secret, via Emails, PMs and Facebook Messages. No threads or anything like that. I wanted this to be a surprise for everyone :D

Glad you enjoyed it! :D

I honestly feel pretty honored to have been included on this album alongside some people that had a big influence on my music, such as PROTODOME and TheGuitahHeroe. Thanks for the opportunity to get my stuff out there, Will, and thanks to the other contributing artists for making a great album.

It's a little hard to pick favorites since I'm only on my second listen, but Shooting Star, Bubble Bath, & Pixel Sky are really, really awesome.

I like Crystalline Seashores and SolarMaxima the best.

Crystalline Seashores has an intro that reminds me of Dire Dire Docks, and it has that great Sega feel to it.

SolarMaxima is pure chiptune, and therefore pure awesome.

I honestly feel pretty honored to have been included on this album alongside some people that had a big influence on my music, such as PROTODOME and TheGuitahHeroe. Thanks for the opportunity to get my stuff out there, Will, and thanks to the other contributing artists for making a great album.

I like Crystalline Seashores and SolarMaxima the best.

Crystalline Seashores has an intro that reminds me of Dire Dire Docks, and it has that great Sega feel to it.

SolarMaxima is pure chiptune, and therefore pure awesome.

I'm glad you enjoyed the album bro! Who knows, there may be a sequel in the works at some point in the future if you (or anyone else) would be interested! Not going to promise anything tho.