miscellaneous hardcore/gabber question

Chiwalker

Anyone know a sample pack / kit to get similar sounds to these 4 build up type of samples found in hardcore songs. Obviously I can attempt to recreate them, but if anyone knew of a big pack that's what I'm looking for.

** In particular, the third hit from the second 'thing' I've heard in multiple tracks (sounds like a cartoon car putting on its brakes or something) is a sound I really dig.

stats.png

first 'thing' is from Zhangar speedwave (builder remix)

second 'thing' is from Kill the Noise - Mosh it up

the Vengence Essential Clubsound sample packs have a bunch of sounds like these

but most hardcore/gabber producers will tell you to just make your own

it's pretty fun, really: just start with a basic 808 kick, run it through distortion, then EQ/filters, then more distortion, and repeat until you have a cool sound.

(I use tridirt for distortion, so that's what some of these terms are from)

in particular: the second of your sound examples is actually straight from the Vengence sample pack, but could be (approx) recreated with something like: crackler --> highpass filter with lots of rez --> saturation

the first sound would have a chain of like: bit crusher --> compressor --> Sinus distortion --> highpass filter --> a very wet phaser with high feedback and no LFO --> a split distortion between crackler (for the low-to mid frequencies) and puncher for the high --> EQ for bass boost

...which is the effect stack for the one bassdrum (well, two including the simple one between 1:30 and 1:40) that I used for the entirety of this song :

lots of parameters to control = lots of sound possibilities!

it's magical!