Komplete 8 Ultimate vs. Komplete 8

Komplete 8 Ultimate vs. Komplete 8

Komplete 8 Ultimate is $1000. Komplete 8 is $500. If I remember correctly, NI has a 50% Black Friday special on each Komplete package. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Can anyone weigh in on the additional NI products included with Komplete 8 Ultimate? Is it worth the extra $$$$$$$$$$??

If I'm wrong about that 50% off Black Friday sale, though, there's no way I can buy either :P Shit, I need to finish school...

For me, I don't see the benefit of Ultimate over Classic, mostly because all of the additional instrument libraries (for me) would be redundant--I've already amassed a large collection of various and some times superior libraries to what is offered, so it doesn't really appeal to me.

You'll have to decide whether or not the difference is worth it to you.

The regular Komplete, though, is a no-brainer if you're just starting out. Kontakt and Reaktor ALONE are worth more than $500.

The Scarbee MM-Bass is a really spectacular library (I own the same library under Scarbee's original name: Black Bass).

I've never seen Komplete go on sale, maybe I just never noticed, but it's one of those products that are already so HEAVILY discounted that additional discounts are rare. There is no student discount available for Komplete.

For me, I don't see the benefit of Ultimate over Classic, mostly because all of the additional instrument libraries (for me) would be redundant--I've already amassed a large collection of various and some times superior libraries to what is offered, so it doesn't really appeal to me.

You'll have to decide whether or not the difference is worth it to you.

The regular Komplete, though, is a no-brainer if you're just starting out. Kontakt and Reaktor ALONE are worth more than $500.

The Scarbee MM-Bass is a really spectacular library (I own the same library under Scarbee's original name: Black Bass).

I've never seen Komplete go on sale, maybe I just never noticed, but it's one of those products that are already so HEAVILY discounted that additional discounts are rare. There is no student discount available for Komplete.

Really? You've never seen Komplete on sale? Man... then I have no idea what I was thinking of. I could have sworn Komplete was half off on Black Friday, but yeah, that would be a pretty absurd discount.

They will have a sale, that much I can guarantee. I got Komplete 8 for $299 last spring. Granted that update was only available to owners of standalone NI products, I'm pretty sure they'll have a good deal this Black Friday. I also get the feeling Komplete 9 isn't too far off, and they also like to have big sales before the next version of each product comes out.

Haven't personally played with the extras that come with Ultimate (aside from Razor) but I don't think there's much in there to justify 2x the price.. just a bunch of extra Kontakt patches and some mixing plugins which are probably solid, but not entirely necessary/worth the extra $$$.

I also get the feeling Komplete 9 isn't too far off, and they also like to have big sales before the next version of each product comes out.

I got Ultimate with the upgrade discount this summer ($400 because I already owned Kontakt), and I was surprised that Komplete 9 wasn't announced at the end of the summer. I was totally expecting it to be, though that was mostly just because I assumed they were trying to liquidate stock with their summer upgrade sale.

I still have hardly scratched the surface of what's in the collection, but the big things that made me go for Ultimate over the base package were Session Strings Pro, the Gamelan, and Evolve Mutations. For me, I think Ultimate was worth the extra $200 I paid for it, but if I were buying at full price, I think I'd have just gone with the base package.

Also, as a side note, if anyone else uses Session Strings Pro and is absolutely infuriated that they give you only six key switches per instance, I can hook you up with a Kontakt multi script that lets you key switch between instruments so you can use all of the articulations from a single MIDI track.

Komplete has never had a standalone sale.

It HAS, however, had 50% off for UPGRADES and CROSSGRADES. Meaning if you own a previous version of Komplete or you had Kontakt like me, you could purchase Komplete at much less than normal upgrade price.

I thought so. Darn.

Do you know if the separate elements ever go on sale? Because Kontakt is the only one I really need.

I thought so. Darn.

Do you know if the separate elements ever go on sale? Because Kontakt is the only one I really need.

Elements does not give you Kontakt. It gives you player with a few extra samples.

If you want Kontakt, you have to buy Kontakt or Komplete.

Kontakt does go for half-off though, and will actually do so in approximately 2-3 weeks.

I think by separate elements he means Kontakt, Massive, Reaktor etc, not the Komplete Elements product.

but yeah, those will most definitely go on sale- last Black Friday I bought Massive at half price ($100), then cross graded or whatever to Komplete during the spring sale for 299. So all said and done I ended up spending $400 for the standard version of Komplete.

I think by separate elements he means Kontakt, Massive, Reaktor etc, not the Komplete Elements product.

but yeah, those will most definitely go on sale- last Black Friday I bought Massive at half price ($100), then cross graded or whatever to Komplete during the spring sale for 299. So all said and done I ended up spending $400 for the standard version of Komplete.

Derp on me, good sir. :oops:

And yeah, same exact situation. Spent $400 for Komplete over the grand scheme of things.

Lol oops...bad word choice on my part XD

I actually already have elements...I forgot it was called that.

Thanks for the info though halc.

You might be able to get upgrade pricing on either Kontakt or Komplete by having Elements. Log into your NI account and go to the Komplete and Kontakt pages on the store to verify that.

Kontakt on its own has been on sale, bought mine when that happened. In retrospect, I should have got Komplete as I do enjoy the new york, vienna and berlin concert grands. The rest of the stuff, not so much.

You can buy each library individually, if you only want a few (though be sure to price it out so that you don't end up spending more than the package deal. Also, try out Alicia's Keys if you can; it's my favourite of NI's piano samples.

You might be able to get upgrade pricing on either Kontakt or Komplete by having Elements. Log into your NI account and go to the Komplete and Kontakt pages on the store to verify that.

You can buy each library individually, if you only want a few (though be sure to price it out so that you don't end up spending more than the package deal. Also, try out Alicia's Keys if you can; it's my favourite of NI's piano samples.

Alicia's Keys is what I'm really excited for, actually. That, and just about everything else in Komplete. But mostly Alicia's Keys.

Alicia's Keys is what I'm really excited for, actually. That, and just about everything else in Komplete. But mostly Alicia's Keys.

I would say, Alicia's Keys is the only acoustic piano worth anything in that bundle, the New York Grand is passable, but only because I have a soft-spot for Steinways.

Alicia's Keys is a really great piano.

The Scarbee stuff is definitely worth while as well.