is there any software to synth instruments

The ones I recommend when teaching basic synthesis to ppl are FreeAlpha and TAL-Elek7ro II. Cross-platform, good interface, and quite versatile. Google them.

They're plugins, which means they need to be loaded by a DAW (or other host). For that, I'd recommend REAPER because of it's unlimited demo and complete functionality, tho the interface isn't necessarily the most newb-friendly. For that, GarageBand and Mixcraft are probably better options.

My answer to everything is always Logic Pro (and in this case Logic Instruments), because it's just so good with programming-related stuff.

But there are quite a bit of great synth machines out there, so just search it up. Meteo and Rozovian have already given some good suggestions.

By the way, Meteo, how do you get any of these plugins into Logic. Do you know? Synth 1 looked good and they had one for Mac but I don't know how to get into my Logic system. Probably really simple hahaha...

By the way, Meteo, how do you get any of these plugins into Logic. Do you know? Synth 1 looked good and they had one for Mac but I don't know how to get into my Logic system. Probably really simple hahaha...

Maybe you should ask a fellow Logic user instead? :P

If they don't come as an installer, the installation instructions are usually in a Read Me or something, and generally just entails throwing a .component into Library/Audio/Plugins/Components/ , anything more than that would be installing presets for it (which can be useful too).

Logic doesn't read VST, only AU and some internal format (hence why Logic's plugins won't show up in eg REAPER). The two examples I suggested are AU, as are lots of other cool stuff. I have a few instruments and effects linked in my sig, stuff I've used in GarageBand and Logic. Try everything.

• 3 weeks later...