OCR01433 - Final Fantasy VI "Canvas of Dreams"

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Am I the only one here that finds this track annoyingly feeble? Maybe it's just too "easy listening" for me. I do have a real issue with the acoustic guitar - the playing is not very tight. And what's that mega-loud chord at 03:15? (Ok, that's nit picking.) I do have to compliment the sax playing. Very pleasant, and a great tone. The guitar lead ain't bad either. Overall however the track is quite limp and frankly it's a bit scary how much love it's getting. Well, I guess it just doesn't do it for me.

--Eino

• 11 months later...

When I first listened to this, I was afraid it was going to be Relm's theme ruined by some cheesy elevator music take that would once again only serve to remind me of fake potted plants, pastel walls, and oddly abstract watercolor landscapes such as what one finds in doctor's office waiting rooms.

Thankfully, I was proved wrong. I'm not the biggest fan of sax, but it actually sounds good in this piece.

• 1 month later...

:banghead:

Darn it, this reminds me of something and I can't really think of what. >.<

It sort of sounds like .... no, nevermind.

All I can say is that everything feels appropriate and just the way it should be.

They really did an amazing job here, but its just not quite my style.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

nice playing and arrangement concept, I dig it. A little too loose in some sections, but overall it was a very relaxing sound. Nice run, and a good transition to the second theme at the end. Really nice tone on the sax, and good intonation, and the deceptive cadence right before the end was beautiful.

Very good stuff guys.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01433 - Final Fantasy VI "Canvas of Dreams"