Doom II: Delta-Q-Delta - History

The Orichalcon

I can't believe I didn't hear about this sooner... I listen to DSoP about once a month (if not more) and I've always been a Doom/Doom2 fan. I can't wait to see what you all come up with. I'd love to lend a hand, but (even though I am a musician) I can't remix worth a damn, and I've let my graphic skills drastically and shamefully drop. But Again, I wish you all the luck and I can't wait to see the fruits of your labor!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a listen to your tracks and replied in PM, Prometheus. Get back to me when you can.

Phoenix has sent me his second and final track. Kudos to him for working so fast and creating such great music. He's also changed his name to phoenixdk to match his forum name. It's also a unique match on last.fm so that's all the better for him.

Still a few tracks open. Mixers are limited to two tracks. So if anyone who current has one wants to take another, go for it, send me a WIP.

Once the website is designed, I'll be asking mixers to send a bio description and a picture with a theme, so don't do any of that just yet.

I've also come to a very difficult decision to remove Joker/LuIzA's Map09 remix from the project. While the mix did sound all right, it was ultimately too liberal in arrangement for what I'm after. Both LuIzA and Joker are more than welcome to pick up another track or have another go at the same track.

Map09 is now available.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For those interested, the tracks I've received have been mastered, rendered and finalised for the album, except for those neighbouring unfinished tracks. Once I've received DJRedlight, Zircon/Pixie and Djpretzel's finished pieces I'll call that an end to the mixing stage even if the last few tracks haven't been finished. Want to get this project out the door without resorting to accepting low-quality material as filler.

It's likely the album will be one CD this time around.

Quuuestion: How updated is your first post? Are those tracks still available?

Track 04 - Between Levels

Track 07 - Shawn's got the Shotgun

Track 09 - Into Sandy's City

Track 28 - Getting Too Tense

Track 30 - Opening To Hell

I could certainly see Opening To Hell sounding like a Nine Inch Nails', A Warm Place, Eraser or Reptile-esque song.

I'd be quite pleased to see someone do Opening to Hell in the style of NIN's Eraser. Some good hard industrial drumming would go well with that.

O RLY?

Well I wish I had the studio to make that kinda song. Eraser is one of my favorite songs.... I love that deep, dark, powerful sound. Reason alone won't cut it. :-(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm back in Perth, with unfortunately no further progress on the mix. I tried to record guitar in Cleveland, only to find that some of my equipment didn't work properly with my laptop. If anyone could put me in touch with a good/dependable guitarist for this project, it would be much appreciated. The mix, as it is, has a GOA/Psytrance undercurrent with industrial tones, and I am looking to make it harder.

September 2007 update

DQD is nearing completion. The majority of the tracks have been completed, with the rest being worked on. A few are remaining open so we're still welcoming new mixers. We'll be waiting until the FF7 project has been released before considering a release date for DQD. Plus we'd like to make sure that everything is taken care of properly, instead of releasing prematurely. We've waited this long, might as well do it right!

Potential new mixers: As there are only a few tracks left, we're looking to fill them as soon as possible. If you're interested in an open track, just start a WIP and send it to me. If it sounds like what I'm after, I'll get you to finish it and add you to the list.