Doom II: Delta-Q-Delta - History

The Orichalcon

Doom 2: Delta-Q-Delta

dqdavwo1.png

Completed album tracklist

(final order to be determined):

Track 0: The Orichalcon - megAsfear

Track 01: Evil Horde - Running From Evil Horde - (To be posted to OCR)

Track 02: Mazedude - Silent Healer

Track 03: Jovette Rivera - The Countdown

Track 06: The Orichalcon - Crushing Headache - (To be posted to OCR)

Track 08: Evil Horde - The Duel

Track 09: Prometheus - 31 Seconds

Track 10: phoenixdk - Ablaze - (ineligible for posting)

Track 20: Mazedude - Westside Archvile

Track 23: phoenixdk - No Smoking Area - (ineligible for posting)

Track 25: analoq - Adrian's Sleep - (ineligible for posting)

Track 30: BGC, Flik - The Icon of Sinwave

Track 99: Mazedude, Ailsean - The End of Hell

-------------------------

DQD Artist List

Ailsean

analoq

Big Giant Circles

djpretzel

Evil Horde

Flik

Jovette Rivera

Mazedude

phoenixdk

Prometheus

The Orichalcon

-------------------------

Organiser: The Orichalcon

This project is organised to follow the concept that brought forward the Ultimate DooM remix project "The Dark Side of Phobos". Much like that project, we'll be remixing all of the tracks from Doom 2 in various styles depending on the artists prerogative (There are 19 tracks.) We'd like to keep the theme to a "Dark" or more fitting "Doom" sound though.

September 2007 update

DQD is nearing completion. The majority of the tracks have been completed, with the rest being worked on. A few are remaining open so we're still welcoming new mixers. We'll be waiting until the FF7 project has been released before considering a release date for DQD. Plus we'd like to make sure that everything is taken care of properly, instead of releasing prematurely. We've waited this long, might as well do it right!

Potential new mixers: As there are only a few tracks left, we're looking to fill them as soon as possible. If you're interested in an open track, just start a WIP and send it to me. If it sounds like what I'm after, I'll get you to finish it and add you to the list.

NOTICE TO MIXERS

Please do not make your tracks public during any stage in their development. This means no hosting at VGMix, soundclick or other public websites, and no posting the songs in this thread or any other. This is to keep the project classified and also more of a surprise to the future audiences upon the eventual release of the project.

------------------------------

A few of the tracks on the Doom 2 soundtrack are based heavily around certain rock songs, and it was decided not long ago that remixes of these tracks in particular won't be accepted onto OCR:

Map07 - Shawn's got the shotgun - Dead Simple

Slayer - South of Heaven

Map10 - The Demon's Dead - Refueling Base

Slayer - Mandatory Suicide

Black Sabbath - Time Machine (Wayne's World Version)

Map18 - Waiting for Romero to Play - The Courtyard

Pantera - This Love

Map23 - Bye Bye American Pie - Barrels O' Fun

Alice in Chains - Them Bones

Map25 - Adrian's Sleep - Bloodfalls

Alice in Chains - Angry Chair

So if you're planning on submitting to OCR and you've taken one of these tracks, you'll have to pass on it this time.

You can listen to the music files here:

Doom 2 Music Archive - Right Click & Save As

You can download the Doom SoundFX archive here:

Doom 2 Sound FX Archive - Right Click & Save As

The Dark Side of Phobos was a great album, and we're looking to equal or even out-do the quality level of that album in creating this sister project. I recommend only joining if you have the ethic and love of the Doom series to create the kind of music we're after.

I'll get back to you, Txai. Need to clear it with Larsec. Reading through the comments on that mix, it sounds as though you've strayed quite far from the source, you'd need to be closer to the source for the project.

Sure, TO. I will do something close in a source of the Project if possible. It would be more easy for me in this case because I could be working in a song wider than the proposed in my example.

If the only problem is the arrangement it must be dissolved. I can do it close of the original.

Cool. Just noticed this thread. It's too bad someone already took "Shawn's Got the Shotgun", that's always been one of my favorites.

Heh. I think it will be especially interesting to see what EvilHorde does with "The Dave D. Taylor Blues".

I guess I could take level 2 or level 4. Not sure which one would a better idea. Level 4 has always struck me as one of the weirdest Doom songs ever, so it might be right up my alley, but on the other hand, to me Level 2 seems like something that would be alot of fun to expand upon; while still retaining the melodies and feel of the original to an extent. That Level 2 song is like a staple in my head from trying to beat that level on Nitemare mode so many times without using the saving feature. :lol:

Well, I guess if someone decides to take one of those two choices, I can take the other. Or something. Seems like a blast to me.

I knew this project was gonna happen, but not so quickly, TO you should've given me a shout! Good to see I'm on the list though, yeah I'll take part. I wish I'd known earlier to pick a cooler source, but I think I have some cool ideas for track 23, should be interesting. So, yeah can I take that please? Thankies.

Is there a wip date due or something, or is it a waiting matter till the tracks are all taken and such?

I knew this project was gonna happen, but not so quickly, TO you should've given me a shout! Good to see I'm on the list though, yeah I'll take part. I wish I'd known earlier to pick a cooler source, but I think I have some cool ideas for track 23, should be interesting. So, yeah can I take that please? Thankies.

Is there a wip date due or something, or is it a waiting matter till the tracks are all taken and such?

I'll have a chat with Larsec about a reasonable WIP date for the project once we fill up the remaining slots.

Rexy, I've added you to map03 for now. Just let me know if you're certain about that one. I've heard enough of your stuff to know you're good at your music. But like I'm telling everyone else, you must be prepared to go with a dark and doomy sound for this project.

I'm just posting here to see if you guys are interested to sign me up in the project. If my previous sample doesn't work, I have a little more:

http://www.olremix.org/mp3/Txai_-_Crazy_Swamp(Yoshi's_Island).mp3

http://vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=5080

The link above is a WIP.

I really wanna join in. I am also interested to cover the Underhalls Theme. It's a great track!

Thank you for your time.

-Txai