Doom II: Delta-Q-Delta - History

The Orichalcon

Okay. As a party interested in how this is turning out...

EvilHorde's doing the Map01 track, I see. He did Hangarmageddeon for DSoP, right?

I don't see that orchestral genius that did "Dark Side of Phobos" anywhere on here, though, may I ask if he had a reason to not join this project?

Looking forward to the remix of Getting Too Tense, here, most of all.

Oooh, Mazedude himself's doing a track.

Anyway, if you need publicity, I can help as best I can once this one's released. Will also help seed.

EvilHorde's doing the Map01 track, I see. He did Hangarmageddeon for DSoP, right?

I don't see that orchestral genius that did "Dark Side of Phobos" anywhere on here, though, may I ask if he had a reason to not join this project?

Anyway, if you need publicity, I can help as best I can once this one's released. Will also help seed.

Yes Evilhorde did E1M1 from the DSoP, his track will be kicking off this project as well.

Danny B did The Dark Side of Phobos track, he hasn't been around much lately, and didn't show up for the track selections, so I guess he just missed out.

Publicity will be great once the project nears completion.

Ok, with Evilhorde and Mazedude, I officially proclaim this project is going to be ****ing awesome! :D

• 3 weeks later...

WAD utility? As in something that plays them? Edits them? Makes them?

For playing, I recommend jDoom (or Doomsday):

http://www.doomsdayhq.com/

For Editing, I recommend Wintex:

http://www.gamers.org/addons/utils/deutex/

For Making, I recommend Doom Builder:

http://www.doombuilder.com

--------------

Beyond that, we need to organise a name for the project. Since some of the music in both Doom and Doom 2 is derived from Rock Songs by other bands. I'm thinking it might be nice to make a compromise name that honours that slightly underhanded contribution to the doom universe.

Doom 2 is known as "Hell on Earth", one of the original songs is known as "South of Heaven" by Slayer. So I'm thinking something along the lines of "North of Hell" might be fitting.

Feel free to discuss or throw some other ideas out there.

how about using the title from one of moore's books, . . .

" . . . from hell"

And as long as we're thinking about making a parody of songs borrowed for the doom game soundtrack, how about "Vulgar display of Hell". One of the songs sounds like "Walk" by Pantera from their album "Vulgar display of Power".

At the very least you could call it "REDRUM MOOD".(reverse the words for secret meaning if you're wondering why the hell I would choose a name like that)