Bugdom: Night (Level 8) ReMix

AlmightyArceus

My experience with Bugdom is limited to about 30-40 seconds at a demo setup in a store somewhere... so unfortunately I can't say I have first hand nostalgia for this track, but you still get a

Exploding fist bump for obscure games!!! 8-)

It's fun to see lesser known titles get attention. Looks like Bugdom had an awesome soundtrack. You did a great job of capturing the essence of the original while also expanding on it in subtle, effective ways.

My experience with Bugdom is limited to about 30-40 seconds at a demo setup in a store somewhere... so unfortunately I can't say I have first hand nostalgia for this track, but you still get a

Exploding fist bump for obscure games!!! 8-)

It's fun to see lesser known titles get attention. Looks like Bugdom had an awesome soundtrack. You did a great job of capturing the essence of the original while also expanding on it in subtle, effective ways.

Thanks man! I'm glad you like it! I am really satisfied with the ambience and instrumentation that I set up for this remix, and while it's not an "odd-time" remix as I typically do, I feel like I did a very good job on this one :D

Sounds pretty good! I do think there could be a lot more expression on the square lead starting at 1:18. It seems to be playing regular sustains. Vibrato the lead! Add some more glide (in certain spots, not overall)! :D

Change leads at 2:22, maybe? Keep it fresh. Maybe a slightly resonant saw wave with a minor low pass (kind of like Thing of Gold by Snarky Puppy)?

2:43 - Change the lead again, perhaps? Something more suited to the change to minor, maybe a gritty, distorted, very slightly detuned resonant saw lead (just thought of it now, so no comparison point. xD)? :D

4:29 - keep the square lead there, for sure, it's back to major! :D

Aside from that, just make sure nothing's too quiet.

;)

Sounds pretty good! I do think there could be a lot more expression on the square lead starting at 1:18. It seems to be playing regular sustains. Vibrato the lead! Add some more glide (in certain spots, not overall)! :D

Change leads at 2:22, maybe? Keep it fresh. Maybe a slightly resonant saw wave with a minor low pass (kind of like Thing of Gold by Snarky Puppy)?

2:43 - Change the lead again, perhaps? Something more suited to the change to minor, maybe a gritty, distorted, very slightly detuned resonant saw lead (just thought of it now, so no comparison point. xD)? :D

4:29 - keep the square lead there, for sure, it's back to major! :D

Aside from that, just make sure nothing's too quiet.

;)

Oh my god thank you for telling me about that song. Holy crap that was awesome. Definitely becoming one of my favorites :D I also thank you for the advice on the lead; I'm workin on it right now! :D

• 4 weeks later...

For some reason, everything's maxing out at about -1.5dB.

I think the square lead is a bit loud compared to the rest of the instrumentation. Perhaps boosting everything but the square lead by 1.5dB will help that. :)

Hm... the snare has a good amount of reverb, but maybe you should have another snare that could sound close to it, but with less reverb for the snare fills.

If you're going to keep that square lead, I suggest adding some vibrato to it. :D

For some reason, everything's maxing out at about -1.5dB.

I think the square lead is a bit loud compared to the rest of the instrumentation. Perhaps boosting everything but the square lead by 1.5dB will help that. :)

Hm... the snare has a good amount of reverb, but maybe you should have another snare that could sound close to it, but with less reverb for the snare fills.

If you're going to keep that square lead, I suggest adding some vibrato to it. :D

I think it's iTunes autoleveling it. I'm not sure why it does that when I export from Garageband...

And I can add another snare like it; I actually have tons of snares that sound VERY close to it.

And I'll get on dat vibrato! :D