OCR01434 - Yoshi's Story "O! Say Can Yoshi"

djpretzel

I usually dislike bladiator piano pieces, but I actually enjoyed this. In my opinion, this is definately a step up from your usual boring/non-inspirational piano crap.

Even in a compliment, I dislike you.

No problem. What does this have to do with anything though? I was talking about your piano music.

I only know the source tunes from having played SSBM, but I still really enjoyed this Remix. Not only is it a great arrangement, but as a double bonus, we get an amazing live performance to go with it. Add to that a cheesetastically awesome title, and this one's definitely a keeper. Nicely done. :)

This is very great stuff, just like all the other remixes you did! Personally, I actually don't see what's with the recording quality! It's just sound great to me! Now for the suck-up part :wink: : Ever thought about playing in a symphonic orchestra or something? I also think it would be real nice if you could do a duo on piano with Pixietricks singing!

I usually dislike bladiator piano pieces, but I actually enjoyed this. In my opinion, this is definately a step up from your usual boring/non-inspirational piano crap.

No problem. What does this have to do with anything though? I was talking about your piano music.

He's saying that even when you're giving a compliment, you manage to be insulting.

He's saying that even when you're giving a compliment, you manage to be insulting.

backhanded compliments lol.

This was one of your better pieces, certainly karl. but the criticism I have is "MAEK UR SONGS LONGER PLZ" It feels like the song is just taking off when it ends. My favorite of your works, Suicide for Two Pianos (ocr submit??) takes all of its ideas and climaxes beautifully. I WANT THAT IN THIS. kthnx.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was so cute when the Yoshis sang this originally on the game. Now this remix plays the tune in a more mature manner; it's as if all of a sudden, I'm like, this song just grew up and there you are listening to the utter beauty it has grown into. Well, that's my analogy, but really, this complex piano piece is just amazing. Enough said.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Please post sheet music. :D

QFT

This just came up in iTunes. I don't remember if I listened to it when I first downloaded it (I must have..), but I'm really digging this. I'm a mediocre piano player, but I always love trying out stuff like this anyway. I have a simplified version of klutz's 600 AD in Piano memorized.

• 1 year later...

Awesome awesome awesome! This is like the happiest piano piece I think I've heard on this site, ever. It's ridiculously uplifting without being cheesy, unlike the game. Short but sweet.

Also, this and "Mean Streak on Main Street" are the best remix titles. EVAR.

• 7 months later...

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this would make great material for a senior recital on piano at a music school. Of course, I'd remember to give you credit!

I'm also gonna echo others and beg you to post sheet music of this. Please? Hard as I try, I can't do this song justice...:cry:

• 2 months later...

The title is awful, in a good way.

Very cute piece, definatly makes me think of Charlie Brown. Wish the recording was better quality, but it has charms of it's own as is.

My qualm with it is that the two little chromatic sections seem out of place. I feel like if you had done more with those two tiny sections it would have been fine, but as it is there isn't enough for it to really 'fit in.'

Worth the download.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01434 - Yoshi's Story "O! Say Can Yoshi"