The Orchestra Arrangment Recording Thread + Free Orchestra!

Its a bit of a ways off,

But wherever I end up, Im paying for and forming an Orchestra.

Planned Development Stages.

1 - For the core, Im starting as a string ensemble, so that will take priority in the early stages.

2 - Expanding with Woodwinds and french horn, solo trumpet, And modern rhythm from there,

3 - Adding Brass

4 - Seeking additional parts like digital piano and exotic things. (Stranger instruments such as E.Keyboards, sitar, koto, theremin, taiko or whatever.)

I wont bore you with how Im going about recording them, but at first it will be live performance type recordings, perhaps even with an audience. If you are local to me, (wherever I happen to be at the time of the recording as Im moving right now) you will be invited to see your piece played. If you have conducting experience Ill even allow you to guest conduct.

I will be needing arrangements for them to practice and of course record.

This is where you come in. On a Submission style examination of material, I will look at your score, see if we can perform it. If we cant perform it we will tell you what isnt working to consider for a revision, or work out how we can change right away so we can do it with less pulled hairs.

If you have music that you would love to hear with a live Orchestra, Consider arranging the piece for us.

While I will look at everything submitted, I encourage the majority of music I recieve to be video game arrangements. As part of the Orchestras plan is to submit them to OCR as a collab with the writer.

The Orchestra has its own Website in the works, and once we are ready (with a couple pieces hosted) we will debut it publically.

If you would like to arrange stuff, understand that first stage instrumentation music will happen sooner, as its easier to organize.

NOTE:

The Orchestra is about a year away from happening (date now: December 6th, 2005.)

If you are in a hurry to have something completed, this orchestra is not for you.

For all others, this is a perfect oppurtunity to start a pet project or consider waiting on an OC submission to gear it up for the Orchestra.

I wont lie to any of you, Ive never recorded anything of this magnitude before. The largest recordings I've helmed have been 4 mic rock sessions.

It is my pledge to do it until I get it right though.

And I currently have all the needed equipment to do it right.

A note on the Orchestra.

I singlehandedly organized 47 players in the Los angeles area to play Modern arrangements. This group has been disbanded. Wherever I go, Organizing a new group is a cakewalk as I now have a management staff of 3 to do it for me according to my instructions.

Instrumentations to consider are listed below.

once again, if you would like to arrange something new, take adapt something in the works, or adapt something you already have completed understand that first stage instrumentation music will happen sooner, as its easier to organize.

Once again, VG arrangements are encouraged over all else, but we will consider anything that is submitted.

Instrumentation : Stage 0

Violin,

Viola,

Cello.

Here is the instrumentation for Stage 1.

5 Violin

3 Viola

2 cello

Instrumentation Stage: 2

11 violin

7 viola

3 cello

1 Bass

------------------------------

NOTE: From this point on, I will be adding Modern elements to the orchestra such as a rhythm section.

(Aim: 2 guitars, E.Bass, Drumkit. Later on, Electric Drum kit, )

Instrumentation Stage: 2 + Expansion

2 Flutes

1 clarinet

11 violin

7 viola

3 cello

1 Bass

Instrumentation: Stage 3

3 Flutes

2 Oboe

2 Clarinet

1 Bassoon

11 violin

7 viola

3 cello

1 Bass

Solo French Horn.

Instrumentation: Stage 4

3 Flutes

2 Oboe

2 Clarinet

1 Bassoon

11 violin

7 viola

3 cello

1 Bass

3 French Horn.

Solo Trumpet

Solo Trombone.

Instrumentation: Stage 5

3 Flutes

2 Oboe

2 Clarinet

1 Bassoon

12 violin

9 viola

5 cello

2 Bass

4 French Horn.

3 Trumpets.

2 Trombone.

Baritone or Tuba (whichever I can find.)

All Further Stage of Devolpment will be announced once we get there as at that point, the Orchestra will expand as people come along.

Orchestra Players will be reading from standard Scores, Notation and such. If you need help with this, Im available for Chat on AIM.

Modern sections such as guitar, e bass and improvised parts will be reading from a lead sheet.

Its okay to arrange for ackward instrumentations as well, as long as it adheres to what will be available in formation plan. Just bear in mind smaller stuff will be the first served.

And I know this project from the start... Some of the musicians are working for free. Unless Trenthian proves me wrong.

I don't see a reason why this is so wrong to post it in here? Trenthian offers you the chance to get your stuff recorded by an orchestra. And that will happen soon. And by soon I mean... 2006/2007.

Now tell me... when do you get the chance for something like that? Fairly cheap, and pretty soon. I guess that won't happen unless you're fairly rich, have access to an own orchestra (aka you're the leader of one) or have a record deal (which is a rare event, too).

Don't judge a book by it's cover.

• 1 month later...