Rainfall: The Sojourn (kickstarter)

RoeTaKa

Rainfall: The Sojourn is being developed for PC and is a 2D Action RPG. Inspired by classic games with a visual style similar to some of the old SNES and early Playstation 1 RPGs. Much more detail on the kickstarter:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/967946252/rainfall-the-sojourn

The game is currently funded but there are still stretch goals to reach to improve it and meet bigger demands. I just want to spread the word out on it and make it even better.

Give it a look and let people know about it if it excites you!

Sorry dude! I've had a few drinks and was like...I have to ask haha. Wasn't sure if I knew you or something.

Haha, no problem. I was kinda surprised my sarcasm went undetected, but it is the internet, after all. And booze is involved, so that basically automatically reverses the connotation of all written language to the reader.

Thanks for checking it out guys it means a lot!

No problem! Thanks to you for writing some great music dude. I've been listening as I surf the web and am super impressed with it.

I'm really curious about this game. Do you know how far along the progress of the game is? I'm considering adding myself as a backer. There's not a lot said about how far along in development the game is. Even if it's still only 5-10% complete, by knowing that before I go into backing it at least I'd be knowing what to expect.

Haha, no problem. I was kinda surprised my sarcasm went undetected, but it is the internet, after all. And booze is involved, so that basically automatically reverses the connotation of all written language to the reader.

Yeah the booze is not helping lol. It was pro internet sarcasm though!

No problem! Thanks to you for writing some great music dude. I've been listening as I surf the web and am super impressed with it.

I'm really curious about this game. Do you know how far along the progress of the game is? I'm considering adding myself as a backer. There's not a lot said about how far along in development the game is. Even if it's still only 5-10% complete, by knowing that before I go into backing it at least I'd be knowing what to expect.

Thanks buddy. It's still in early stages as the engine is still being coded but I know Karim (the project leader) is eager to update with progress as much as possible. The kickstarter will definitely make progress happen faster when the deadline is met. The core team is constantly working though and hopefully within the next couple of months some gameplay can be shown off.

I uploaded the music I've done so far to youtube, with another track that's not on the page and the trailer music. If anyone's interested:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL770h6MBVlwFHZvqcWyaRqYie6m-kRkEr&feature=plcp

• 3 weeks later...

As someone who sadly missed out on practically ALL SNES RPG games (I never played Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy, etc), I am definitely going to pick this game up when it releases! Love the art style, love the music by Alex Roe, and I'm glad it's going to be released on multiple platforms including Mac OS X :)

Thank you for the bumps people, already excited by how much this kickstarter has made!

While I wish you guys luck, RoeTaka, (and congrats on reaching the funding!) without seeing the game in action I can't really jump on board with the Kickstarter. The sprites definitely look nice however.

I don't blame you dude it's perfectly reasonable. The creator and team are very passionate though, something that drew me in which is very promising. But hopefully you'll be more enticed in the future!

Hey, how come SNESology gets a link in the KS description and we don't? I feel snubbed! :twisted:

Because SNESology is cooool, it is truth. Don't feel snubbed, I hear OCRemix is doing pretty well!

Thanks for the bump Katie! Not long left to go now and I'm gonna be working properly after Christmas, can't wait to work hard on this.