toontrack ezmix: metal guitar gods

Sixto

boo - at that price i'd probably just upgrade my GR2 to whatever version is out now.

None of the lead tones really blew me away, but I really liked some of the rhythm ones, which would have made $50 worthwhile. I hope it's a success, as any competition in the amp sim field generally ends up with better tones for all, but I will personally pass. :-)

Well, taking a rather quick look, seems like a whole bunch of new presets (130+) and effects, available sidechaining, and improved cabs and amp sims. Of course, an upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit.

Not sure, but there might also be a quality upgrade. I can't find anything on GR2's sample quality, but GR3 and past have 192kHz/24-bit rendering, so it's at least up to expectations. I personally have GR4, and it's great as-is. I don't plan on getting GR5 unless I get the time to install Windows 7 which I already have and Sony Vegas 11, which I just got recently (SV9 fails on Windows 7. Dx).

Then again, it's not actually $200 if you already bought GR2. It's either $80 or $100 to update, depending on your situation, but definitely not $200. ;)

Then again, it's not actually $200 if you already bought GR2. It's either $80 or $100 to update, depending on your situation, but definitely not $200. ;)

oh sweet, I had assumed that because my version was older, I wouldn't be able to do an upgrade (like Adobe does with photoshop), but if it's $100 or potentially less, I'll get this tonight. :D