Original composition, thoughts?

Rare

this is a minimalistic composition i wrote at the piano a few years back and transcribed into finale, then garageband. note, its not live, but im working on that :/

Archaic Dances

it is an experiment in repetition, pushing the limits on sanity before releasing the tension. also, im working on a drum remix, but i have little talent in live percussion and software percussion is not all that great :/

• 3 weeks later...

Well the only problem is that it's very robotic, that being the quantized state of the song and the all too similar velocities throughout most of the song, save for a few parts.

If this was played live, or was more humanized, and overall the bpm reduced a bit, I think it would be more enjoyable. I feel you have captured the "pushing the limits on sanity" part though, but feel the song would be more enjoyable with a few tweaks.

yeah i know... the lack of human touch kinda kills the piece. thats really the best i can do without making several more identical tracks to mess with velocities which is honestly more work than its worth in garage band :/ but you think the bpm could come down a little? interesting thought, ill play with that and see where that goes :)

if all goes well i should be able to get at least a BS'd live recording by the end of january, im not 100% on this piece despite having written it :P