OCR Secret Santa 2012 - the PMs are out!

Bahamut

Alright, so the PMs are out!

I'm so glad I coded a website to do all of the matching & displaying of handles, names, addresses, and suggestions people listed - this took a lot less time for me to send all of the PMs out than all of the previous years.

Go come up with great things!

Edit: If anyone wants to see how I did the matchings, I have a page up here - the one that appears for your loading of the page is different from what I got from it though so I'm not revealing any secrets here :) .

Edit #2: Oh, I shouldn't actually reveal it - it has addresses on there.

i didn't get a pm if we're supposed to.

Ordered, and mailed.. I I could not get it wrapped or anything special for the holidays. But It should be there within 10 days or so..

So open it early and get some pics up here I hope you like them/ I hope they fit...

Ten days? Try two...

Still, my birthday having just passed and having been requested, I opened it early and was not just pleasantly surprised, but genuinely thrilled to have a brand new Dark Link shirt to wear and an extra tag just to make sure people know what I'm all about.

PICT0125.jpg

Apologies about the Myspace style. Couldn't get the webcam to take a decent shot.

Ten days? Try two...

Still, my birthday having just passed and having been requested, I opened it early and was not just pleasantly surprised, but genuinely thrilled to have a brand new Dark Link shirt to wear and an extra tag just to make sure people know what I'm all about.

Apologies about the Myspace style. Couldn't get the webcam to take a decent shot.

Sweet glad ya like `em. Getting stuff early is awesome. I was kinda nervous about the sizing but it looks good.

So I woke up this morning to find that I was gifted every game on my Steam wishlist! It's especially surprising since I haven't shared that wishlist with anyone, so Abadoss must have been sleuthing around.

The games that were on there were:

Battlefield: Bad Company

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate

Fallout: New Vegas

Magic the Gathering: Duel of the Planeswalkers 2013

Peggle Nights

R. U. S. E.

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods and Kings

Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity

Terraria

My wishlist was a bit outdated, and more of a psuedo to-get list, but I'm pretty happy! I probably won't play them until I get my new computer in about a month or little more, but I'll be sure to play them once that happens :) .

Thanks Abadoss!

I got Symphony from Koriantor. It's a pretty decent shmup, though I am yet to feel the direct connection to my music I feel when I'm playing Audiosurf. Hoping that I understand how the connection works as I play more. Thanks again!

I'm sorry I couldn't give you more :-(. I really wanted to, but I'm currently jobless. If can work something out, there might be more incoming. ;-)

A bit late, but here's a bit of wants for me:

- I grew up Nintendo, but now I'm multi-system. I do pretty much most types of gaming except a bit less MMO, racing, and I really haven't played flight sims. Internet speed is less than desirable. I love coop, being a triplet. Over 120 hours in Terraria.... I don't play GTA and God of War, and unfortunately I felt I shouldn't play Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. I have played Dead Space and Resident Evils.

- Systems: NES to Wii/DS, PSX to PS3 plus PSP, and Xbox 360

- I don't think I'm lacking in music right now. I recently got the reward from zircon's Kickstarter for four albums. I'm looking forward to the new album release there. If you do get me music, I listen to almost anything. Rap, country and pop, though are less desirable. GOOD electronica along with classical are great. No matter what, I'll give it a listen. :)

- I don't really own much gamer swag. I have the Metroid Prime Trilogy stuff and the Uncharted 3 stuff, but not much else. XL or XXL shirt size (XL tall best, 6'4" says so, but most of my clothes aren't so). Ties are cool; I wear one every Sunday.

- My steam account: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GravSuit/ My wishlist is outdated, though. :/

- Keep joke gifts pretty clean.

- Arts/crafts are fine. I appreciate the time and work that goes into something of that nature.

- I read a lot. I practically lived in the Library through middle and high school. Fantasy/sci-fi are the main genres.

- I like anime/manga. I tend towards comedy, but anything can be good. Skip Beat, Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, Dai-Guard, Hayate No Gotoku, Chibi Vampire.... I don't actually own any, though.

Wall of text.... Well, whatever's fine, just keep it clean and enjoyable. I'll like it. Ignore everything else I said.

The package is in the mail. Coming soon to a front door near you.

That was damn quick! Got a package full of books!

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain

Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne

Meditations on First Philosophy by Rene Descartes

The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo (abridged)

The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer

Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift

The Republic by Plato

Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand (not one that was on my list, but I'm interested to read)

Secret_Santa2012-001.png

Secret_Santa2012-002.png

The first attempt didn't have all the books in it and the second was my face hurting from all the attempts to get them all in.