OCR Secret Santa 2012 - the PMs are out!

Bahamut

And while we're on a tangent about Santa gifts...

20121216_130831_s.png

A candy bob-omb, a companion cube key chain (awww :D) and Crash and Spyro's first GBA outings on one cartridge! Granted, I may have both games on separate carts, but this is still going to be mighty convenient!

But this is what surprises me somewhat: were Shaggy and me each other's Santas?! 8O

On the night he received my gift, he then went on to gift me Super Meat Boy and the complete Lego Star Wars saga on Steam, and I assumed it was a token of thanks; whether that was part of the Santa package or not, that was also really appreciated! :D

NES keychain, Donkey Kong plush, two Taiwanese snowman ornaments, a KAZOO! A tuner which I think (hope) might also remove acoustic pegs, an angel I sadly couldn't get the head in the picture for some reason, and a download code for Duke Nukem Forever on Steam. And a bag of some kind of Mullet Spice, I have no idea what it is but I look forward to snorting it!

Thank you SO MUCH to my Secret Santa! One of the most generous gifts I've ever gotten from someone I'm not very close to IRL. (I thought it'd be insensitive to say an acquaintance, I wish I knew my OCR friends more and got to see them more than once a year, but that's life :cry:)

If "SHE!" wants to reveal herself then that's cool. I didn't tag her on the facebook pic either or say her name there, it's all up to her if she wants to come out.

Hi Brandon. I just wanted to say that those are mulling spices, and you can put them in apple juice, cranberry juice, wine, etc. but I personally recommend using them in hot apple juice or cider bc I love hot apple cider. (You can also add a shot of rum to that drink for the ultimate awesome.) And yeah, that's a pegwinder to wind the strings faster as you change them, and the little groove is yes for removing acoustic guitar pegs. I got the idea from a FB discussion we had on OA's FB.

Glad you like it so much .D

-Your SS.

sorry bout the double post, but holy deutsche post! I just got a package from Germany. Let's see what it is...

ADJFHAKLSFJHL IT SAYS NOT TO OPEN UNTIL CHRISTMAS CAN I PLEASE OPEN IT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE it looks like it will be art and that makes me REALLY excited NinjaN i know it was you please please please

OH because I'll want to hang it up in my apartment and I wont be at my apartment for christmas!

sorry bout the double post, but holy deutsche post! I just got a package from Germany. Let's see what it is...

ADJFHAKLSFJHL IT SAYS NOT TO OPEN UNTIL CHRISTMAS CAN I PLEASE OPEN IT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE it looks like it will be art and that makes me REALLY excited NinjaN i know it was you please please please

OH because I'll want to hang it up in my apartment and I wont be at my apartment for christmas!

Well, I'm quite a mile aways, so I couldn't stop you... You naughty boy! ;-P

Well, I'm quite a mile aways, so I couldn't stop you... You naughty boy! ;-P

Okay well I opened it. And I can't believe how well you hit the nail right on the head:

zelda.jpg

I love handmade artsy stuff like this, first of all, so getting some handmade pixel art fabric was amazing. But Link's Awakening was the first Gameboy game I ever owned--this game gives me so much nostalgia. This is really amazing-one of the most meaningful gifts I've ever gotten. You've outdone yourself--thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay well I opened it. And I can't believe how well you hit the nail right on the head:

insert image here

I love handmade artsy stuff like this, first of all, so getting some handmade pixel art fabric was amazing. But Link's Awakening was the first Gameboy game I ever owned--this game gives me so much nostalgia. This is really amazing-one of the most meaningful gifts I've ever gotten. You've outdone yourself--thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!

So glad you like it! I really wanted to make this, had already decided on the motive before our giftees were even announced. When I saw your wishes I just knew this would fit.

It was also one of my first and favourite GameBoy games, so it was quite a natural pick for me. Back in the days I used to sit in my room with a magnifying glass and count those pixels. It is so much easier with emulators and screenshots these days...

Perhaps this inspires you to make a remix based on this game... hint hint ;-P

Happy holidays, NinjaN