OCR Secret Santa 2012 - the PMs are out!

Bahamut

Damn lol. I actually had my parents who work in USPS to mail it for me so it'd get there by Christmas. I told 'em to put Santa but I guess for a gift that valuable we needed more insurance that if it got lost and had to be returned, it'd make it back to me :-P

I should have sabotaged it tbh. I don't have any Cage films on blu-ray and would have loved to start it with those 2. :-P

The one I really want is Leaving Las Vegas but it was a bit overpriced.

Got mine today from Mazedude of all people -- I didn't even know he was part of the Secret Santa so that really took me by surprise.

Ended up being a signed copy of Bad Dudes: Metroid Arrange 25th Anniversary Album, which I had admittedly never listened to. Heard the whole thing today while running a few errands and found myself enjoying many of the tracks. My very favorites were tracks 5, 8 and 11, though they're all phenominal really. Great job to everyone who participated!!!

Also, Mazedude, I'd like to thank you for being (by far) my biggest musical inspiration in terms of arrangement creativity. Please never stop what you do, it's the epitome of brilliance.

Muahahahaha, I'm a secret even after you got your gift!

While he and I don't talk much, Chris and I are still friends, and I'm thrilled he was able to hook me (you) up with that album. It was printed in limited quantities and is no longer available for purchase, but he had an extra copy that is now yours!

Also, check your PMs! I signed you up for a pre-order of Mazedude's American Pixels album which will be released in 2013. Anyone who pre-orders also gets a free download of Star Spangled Chips, a chiptune remix EP. So that's waiting for you, too.

Merry Christmas, dude.

is anyone else still waiting for their gift? seems like most have gone out already.

Seems like it. I've kept notes on who was paired up with whom, and indeed there's 6 recepients yet to claim they got something - Capa, kitty, Koriantor, Obtuse, ToN and Xarnax. Every successful matchup has been confirmed except for linkspast's Santa, which still remains a mystery. o_O

Koriantor mentioned a few pages back that he received my gift, haha. One down :P

Muahahahaha, I'm a secret even after you got your gift!

While he and I don't talk much, Chris and I are still friends, and I'm thrilled he was able to hook me (you) up with that album. It was printed in limited quantities and is no longer available for purchase, but he had an extra copy that is now yours!

Also, check your PMs! I signed you up for a pre-order of Mazedude's American Pixels album which will be released in 2013. Anyone who pre-orders also gets a free download of Star Spangled Chips, a chiptune remix EP. So that's waiting for you, too.

Merry Christmas, dude.

D'aww, what can I say? This is just too awesome for words. You guys really went above and beyond the call of duty and it's a much more meaningful gift than I could have ever imagined.

Also, D-Lux, playing through EarthBound was an experience that seemed like more than "just a game," if that makes sense. That said, I would like to say that "Da Black Market" is totally awesome conceptually; the Scaraba theme practically begs to be blended with hip-hop elements and hearing the perspectives of different party members is a great idea. However, your verse was always the highlight of the song in my opinion--it sounds plain cool and captures the serious, "ready to kick ass" mood of Prince Poo perfectly. Bound Together made one of my best gaming experiences that much more special and you definitely helped contribute to that. Thanks a million :)

That said, I would like to say that "Da Black Market" is totally awesome conceptually; the Scaraba theme practically begs to be blended with hip-hop elements and hearing the perspectives of different party members is a great idea.

Wait a minute; all this time I thought Flik was messing around just rapping about the cartridge... are you implying he was in the persona of Jeff? :shock:

Thanks Cody. We had a blast making it and hearing arguments on both sides of the fence about it many years later keeps us entertained.

Wait a minute; all this time I thought Flik was messing around just rapping about the cartridge... are you implying he was in the persona of Jeff? :shock:

Flik is just rapping about the cartridge, but some people seem to think he takes on Jeff's qualities a bit in the track. Take it a step further and then you associate MythNaz with Paula. Sweet, humble, innocent, badass rapper Paula...

Seems like it. I've kept notes on who was paired up with whom, and indeed there's 6 recepients yet to claim they got something - Capa, kitty, Koriantor, Obtuse, ToN and Xarnax. Every successful matchup has been confirmed except for linkspast's Santa, which still remains a mystery. o_O

I snuck in a post a while ago. If I ever remember I'm going to post pictures of part of it. I was very amused by it.

I must seem like the worst Secret Santa ever. Brad, I had you. First off, I ordered you the Guild Wars 2 soundtrack within minutes after getting your name. The confirmation e-mail had your address with my name on it, so I opened a ticket with them. They said there'd be a 10-business-day delay on shipping. Ok, fine. I updated my ticket a couple weeks ago, since it hadn't shipped; no response. I waited a week (December 19th by now) and opened a second ticket, asking that they cancel the order or ship it that day. No response. I just opened a PayPal dispute right now, hoping to get a refund so I can get you something from your amazon list.

We also had a Target gift card that we were going to hand-deliver today, if that had worked out. It's in the mail now (though from Canada, so we could have a return address on it in case anything went wrong); use it for you or for stuff for Joshua or just to help out with the extra expenses of having a new little guy in the house, up to you.

Regardless, don't worry, you're not forgotten :)

lol =) no worries dude. i will update my amazon list with the stuff my non-computer family members got me. it's too bad it didn't work out that we could see each other - i was hoping to but the weather just didn't cooperate.

thanks, man =)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...