*NO* Battlefield 3 'The Battle for Victory'

DragonAvenger

This is my first submission here so hope I did everything right!

Your ReMixer name: sggod89

Your real name: Ira Page

Your website: http://www.youtube.com/sggod89

Your userid: 39103

Name of game: Battlefield 3

Name of arrangement: The Battle For Victory

Name of individual song(s): I've looked this up and its just called "Main Theme"

Additional information

Original Composers: Jukka Rintamäki & Johan Skugge

System: Xbox 360, Playstation 3, PC

Link to the original soundtrack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLuQd5CHTLs

Your own comments:

Hey guys, if you frequent the PRC's here in the competition forum, then you might be pretty familiar with me and work. I did chose this source as a PRC, but I never finish my the bonus mix I wanted to submit. I'm such an avid player of this game, just about a level 100 Colonel! Perhaps I'll start submitting more to the site rather just hiding in the PRC.

-------------

• 4 weeks later...

Neat take on the source, I liked how you opened things up. The soundscape has a good air of urgency that is present in the original and provides a few new sounds. I think it might be worth working on adding some other parts or original material that adds to what you've got, as this is pretty short overall, and doesn't feel like it gets time to really get going.

Not really feeling the voice clips and the entire section from 1:16-1:40. It felt unneeded and took me a step out of the arrangement rather than into it. After that the next section to the end felt a bit of a reprise to the original, where I think you could do more to expand and open things up rather than close out.

There's a good start here, but there's a ways to go. Overall I think this needs more expansion and a bit more of your own touch to the arrangement to flesh it out. I'd also look at cutting that middle section of voice clips and vamping to give more of a focus on the arrangement.

NO (resubmit)

To add to what DA said, the sample quality here is a bit of a mixed bag Drums sounded pretty robotic and the cymbals sounded like they were in a different space entirely from the kick & snare. EPiano also was pretty rigidly sequenced. That bass synth/guitar from :22 to :56 isn't doing you favors either.

On the positive end, strings and guitars were quite well produced and filled out the soundscape nicely. Lots of potential here.

So, flesh out your arrangement some more and look at some of the weaker production elements.

No, resubmit please

Very cool concept, you captured the aggression and tension that might come with being in the line of fire. The voice clips, while they may be a bit overdone and hackneyed, are a pretty solid idea, but the integration is distracting at times and doesn't always work with the flow of the music. It would be really cool if you could better sync them with the tempo/beat of the song.

In addition, there's some problematic elements in the mix, particularly the drums, that sound low quality and poorly produced. Nutritious gave some excellent pointers on elements of the mix that need touchups, I generally agree with his critiques on this one.

Some work to be done here, but it's not bad for a first submission! Lots of energy and a great concept, just needs some additional work.

NO (resub!)