OCR02532 - Sonic & Knuckles "Doomsday"

djpretzel

Wow. This is a fantastic heavy remake of one of my favorite songs in all of videogame history. I like that it is hard rock/metal in an unusual way. It doesn't sound like anything you'd commonly hear. I was a little nervous during the intro, but the performance really shines and cleans up a lot when the drums kick in. I'm sure I'll be listening to this a lot, and I think I've got a new Remixer to add to my list of favorites.

The opening with the soft, almost pleasant guitar was a cool lead in, cause you just knew that it was the beginning of a musical ass-kicking, and you had to wait for the moment it would hit. And as soon as 1:05 hit, you were in for an adrenaline rush. This is probably one of the most focused rock songs I've heard in a long time, with every drum hit sounding sharp and the guitar-work hitting that rough groove that a song like this needs to. It brings back those memories of trying to catch up to the Deathegg ship in the asteroid field after going super, for me at least. Awesome ReMix, man.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02532 - Sonic & Knuckles "Doomsday"