'Into the Forest'

Pl511

Based on a brief for a course I'm taking, here's a fairly basic WIP of a composition I've been working on for a few weeks now. I haven't created an original composition for a while now, and you can probably tell, but it's going pretty well so far and I've almost reached the end of my allocated time that I need to fill (current time is ~2:50, time that I need to fill is 3:00+). It's been pretty much a crash course in terms of orchestration for a large orchestra and it's been quite exciting using instruments I've never used before. This version is incredibly basic on the sound front - it hasn't been mixed, I haven't used proper VSTis at all, and some of it is rough as well. It's a straight export from Sibelius at the moment, so I'll work on a proper sounding version once I have finished the overall structure of the piece.

Feedback and critique are really needed for this, so if you have anything to comment on, please do.

stats.png

Since I have no mixing/mastering skills I don't have any advice to give but I really want to hear the mixed/final version of this track !

This is good and I would listen to this as a VGM without being used of it ( Since you posted it on the OCR forum this is the only thing I can say :P )

It reminds me a little bit Star Ocean, the Second Story.

Cheers!

I like this! Sounds like it's "from something", like it has context it should be in.

I'm looking forward to hearing this again once it's finished. The buildup before that first key change toward the beginning was the first thing that stood out to me as "lacking but will sound better later". Arrangement-wise, I think it's fantastic.