OCR00366 - Mega Man 3 "X Intro"

Saunders

• 2 months later...

I must say, the acoustic part is very cool. We need to have a full-on acoustic guitar mix of a megaman song. The electric guitar and electric piano that make up the main part of the song are pretty good. The shortness works in this one's favor because it leaves you wanting more and playing it again. Still, I want more of that acoustic!

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Project X is my favorite remixer on ocremix.

I love this intro mix, it's the best one in their MM3 set. Albeit short, but they keep it true to the original.

This isn't their absolute best, the MM3 soundtrack was their first project, and their MM2 songs are generally much better... the best full MM2 soundtrack remix I've ever heard. Check out their website for full soundtrack remixes to both MM2 and MM3.

• 1 month later...

Hmm...something different, yet very cool in a sense. The acoustic brings to me a feeling of 'getting tired of things'...but that may just be me. It's got a great feel to it, and my only qualms are the abrubt ending and the fact that I wanted more acoustic! >_<

7/10, -2 for the fact the acoustic should have been longer, -1 for the abrubt ending.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Overall, I like it. That said, I would give some SERIOUS thought to an all-acoustic remix of this track. The first 30 seconds are, by far, the best -- after that I find myself losing interest.

The brevity of the track alone makes me able to finish it...that's not a bash, b/c I feel a great job was done given the genre/instramentation selection. I am, however, begging -- no, PLEADING the remixer to post an all-acoustic version!

As with most people here, I was really impressed with the acoustic intro. While it may take away from the Mega Man "feel", I'd love to hear a full acoustic version to this. By far, this is the best song off of MM3. And this is one of the best remixes for that song, rivaled only by BlueLightning.

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
I must say, the acoustic part is very cool. We need to have a full-on acoustic guitar mix of a megaman song.

Just one song? This game deserves a whole acoustic project!

Okay, let's cut to the case, great acoustic guitarplay in the beginning, cannot point that out well enough. And then, some very good electric guitar, but I suggest that you have low volume when you listens to it. Cause I had, and that guitar cut my ears. Owwww....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
If only the mix was all acoustic.

I ain't going to lie, an acoustic version of MM3 intro would be mind blowing.

Sure, as a standalone track, this is a strange animal and makes the ending weird, but when listened in context(as part of a continuous 30 min of music with the rest of the abum), it makes a lot more sense.

Still I like it, it's a unique and memorable take on the MM3 intro theme, but it's kind of hard to recommend this on its own without the rest of the album. That would just be like handing someone a puzzle with half the pieces missing. Still, the album is awesome and worth downloading.

• 6 years later...

Really liked the quiet intro. The electric guitar that came in and changed the tone initially surprised me, but I enjoyed it right after that. It was almost too short! The instruments feel like they'd be right be in a remake of MM3.

Project X's Mega Man 2 album is pretty cool. My favourites are their takes on Flash Man and Wood Man. :)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00366 - Mega Man 3 "X Intro"