[Ambient music] by Syllix

Ryan Jobson

Hey Dissidia. Very glad you enjoyed the music! (Also props to killing the boss at the end. Dark Souls is a tough game!) There is no problem at all with streaming my music, I am flattered! The only thing I would ask for things like this is simple credit in a description or something. I know there's a couple people on youtube who do Let's Play's that use my music from time to time, and they just put down the artist and track title :)

This is my first EP and has definitely been received well so far, so I'm super motivated and inspired to get a full album out the door in the near future :)

How often do you stream? I think there's one other guy I tune into sometimes called Kripparrian, but I think it's his job lol.

Cool I changed the title. The thing that made me want to highlight it was the divine blessing on the very last tick of poison and because I was so lucky the boss didn't go for an attack when I used it. It's great for background music.

Looking forward to hearing it.

I don't stream often because my computer isn't up to par for most games otherwise I'd probably try getting into streaming some more.

With Kripp it's more like he does it because he enjoys it but he makes a living doing it at the same time.

Very relaxing! I could definitely see myself chilling to this.

As a production question, do you use the 'blur' command in your choice of audio editor (I'm referring to Edison in FL for me) to get those beautiful backgrounds that kind of sound like waterfalls? It sounds wonderful :D

Edited by Jaxo

I use Logic Pro, and there is no "blur" command. I'm not even sure what the equivalent would be...

There is a lot of blending of sounds and pads going on... but I think the waterfall kind of sound you can achieve by taking a stream / rain sample, tossing a long reverb on it (not through a send bus, but on the actual track itself) and then cranking the mix / wetness up high. You will hear that it washes the rain or stream / water sound out. Alternatively you can just find yourself some waterfall samples online. But basically it's the method I just explained to you, combined with layering of a few different pads :)

Cheers, and thank you!