OCR02538 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA) "Spanish Jitters"

Liontamer

Just want to point out that, since it wasn't mentioned in the writeup, that this track features more credited artists than any ReMix to date. Pretty incredible that Dave Wise of all people was willing to be the one to raise that bar. It really was a pleasure working with everybody involved here.

Absolutely incredible remix, here were my director comments that ended up not being used in the writeup:

When I contacted David and asked him to reprise his role as a remixer on this album, I had no idea just how much coordination would be necessary, or just how legendary the end result would turn out. After Skyping with David a few times and discussing his track, we tossed around the idea of having members of the OC ReMix community contribute their instrumental talents to the remix. By the time the arrangement was wrapped up, 10 performers who had participated in this album or past DKC remix albums left their mark on the remix. The end result is pretty liberal, even by OCR's standards, but it stands as one of the most purely enjoyable remixes I've ever heard.

This whole experience has been monumental. When I first started the album, I never thought that I would have the chance to even speak to my all-time favorite composer, let alone be personally involved in the development process for one of his mixes. As the video game music arrangement scene grows, it excites me to see more and more instances of fans being able to connect with their favorite composers, and glad that I could help facilitate that in some small way!

It's going to probably take me a few months to recollect my thoughts and post a full (or at least, lengthier) response/review, but I'm just stopping by to commend you all for kickin butt with this. Hard.

It was well worth the wait (not like I'm surprised, I knew the entire album would be boss), but you all killed it with this track.

also, dat write up.

Eleven artists on one song!? *Pulls lever* Jesus! I'm not sure, but this may be the most star-studded ReMix on OCR, both in sheer number of ReMixers and how they are all basically OCR mainers. As for the ReMix itself, holy shit what a way to start off the DKC 3 flood. Everything sounds amazing and melted together cohesively, which must have been tough. The Sax, trumpet, Spanish guitar work, the 80's sounding section, everything, I just love it! I think the only way I can sum this all up is that my mind is blown. Excellent work everyone!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02538 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA) "Spanish Jitters"