OCR02545 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES) "Exploration C"

Liontamer

Whoa, thanks for posting this in the flood, I didn't expect that, and I'm very touched and flattered by the writeup.

Just want to say that I'm also really glad you guys left in the extra seconds of the song at the end for the OCReMix version. In the album they fade into the next song so my extremely quiet last notes (and nod to a part of the original that I had left out until then) don't get heard (its not a problem though, because that's the nature of the cool seamless playback they have going)... I had thought they would just go unheard, and I know it sounds kind of silly but that mattered to me... I spent a lot more time on my fadeout than I should have lol.

Anyway,

Wes did a great job managing this album, its so huge in scope and he's really a cool guy that deserves a lot of credit for handling it all in a really happy/calm stride, who NEEDS to come over and finish Silent Hill 2 with us now that he's not busy anymore. ;-)

Also again, thanks to Lukas for playing the flute. I dunno if he even remembers it, but it was that night a couple years back when I just really needed someone to play a part I had written live, because no matter what I did, the samples weren't cutting it for what I had in mind. So he plays them and records them for me within an hour before bedtime, even though some notes I wrote were out of range and had to be manipulated later, and the playing is really genuine and came through so nicely. The live stuff made all the difference... And gave me enough material to even create new melody out of his existing recordings later in the song... I also layered some other flute samples around his stuff all over the place to fill in any gaps. It's amazing what music software can do these days.

<3

Just want to say that I'm also really glad you guys left in the extra seconds of the song at the end for the OCReMix version. In the album they fade into the next song so my extremely quiet last notes (and nod to a part of the original that I had left out until then) don't get heard (its not a problem though, because that's the nature of the cool seamless playback they have going)... I had thought they would just go unheard, and I know it sounds kind of silly but that mattered to me... I spent a lot more time on my fadeout than I should have lol.

Hahaha! Yeah, when I got the uncrossfaded WAVs from Wes and was vetting this for the flood, I heard that and though the quiet notes at the end were a nice, subtle touch. The people who pay attention to detail will hopefully hear it too. Great work all around!

You really get the picture of going deep into the caverns with this one, much like the atmosphere created by Critter Clan and the old caves, so mission accomplished on getting that emotion and feeling across. The flute was indeed a great choice for this ReMix. So much variation and change-ups, the mix never gets boring or repetitive, which is great for something about six minutes. Excellent job, Monobrow!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02545 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES) "Exploration C"