OCR02548 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA) "Sea Breeze Concerto"

Liontamer

Currently my favorite track in the album. I'm still in that phase in which the amount of new music is too overwhelming it'll take me a couple of listens to get through the whole album, but this track caught my ear and will no doubt end up my absolute favorite. I absolutely loved Monkey Kong's "Dolphin Ride"...one of my favorite remixes out of the site. This one amps it up a lot in terms of mixing and mastering. Sounds fresh and funky. I'm assuming that's thanks in part to Mr. Wise. The ambiance of the track is really strong, just like Dolphin Ride. I'm loving the synth and solos here and there. I'd like to know where David Wise contributed in terms of playing in the track? Is it that sax solo towards the end of the track? If so, then it's absolutely epic just as the rest of the remix.

Yep, he contributed that beautiful saxophone solo near the climax of the song. This track was also mixed and mastered by David Wise himself as you guessed :D

To be fair, the write-up talked about the mixing and mastering by Mr. Wise so I didn't guess that. I did guess the sax part though....because I remembered that he had a track on the DKC2 album with live sax. So good to confirm that for me here. :)

Are you part of the band by any chance?

As a lover of ReMixes that make good use of the source by a lot, this is right up my listening alley. Brings back the memory of hearing this for the first time on the night time stilt village level. Very nice to hear Dave Wise contribute an awesome sax solo to one of his best tracks ever, as well as put the finishing touches on this bad boy. I actually didn't catch the DKC fanfare at the end until I read the write-up, so that was a nice treat. Love it.

• 2 years later...

I definitely imagine this being performed on a seashore, probably in the early morning or during the sunrise. I like how it picks up at 0:38. I think, the intro is barely connected with the body of track, but I don't mind it. Love that thing (vox?) at 0:42. And yes, as everyone noticed, David's sax solo is killer. Awesome.

• 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02548 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA) "Sea Breeze Concerto"