OCR02551 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES) "Cliffside Clamber"

Liontamer

Granted a 15 track mixflood is a bit overwhelming.... but this really is an awesome track with beautiful guitar work, percussion, and vintage new age influences all woven together seamlessly. The many breakdowns and changeups are the most unique features in this mix, and the resemblance to Enigma in some of the interludes is striking. This is a festive and diverse track with an impressive range of moods and colors. The way Ergosonic moves seamlessly between genres and styles isn't something I've seen before here on OCR. Definitely looking forward to hearing more from you.

Excellent work, my friend.

Really does capture the feel of the original and expand upon it, especially when the guitars hit. Rock and world music/mountain sound with a little Latin thrown in is a pretty unique idea. I caught that little bit of Temple Tempest you snuck in there midway through the second minute. Probably should have that listed in the songs used section. Very interesting ReMix indeed. Damn good work.

• 3 years later...

I was worried during the first minute and a half that this would be more of a performance of the track than an arrangement of the track. Then the guitar kicked in, and I started to hear a sense of differentiating identity within this track. The percussion work here is outstanding. Everything else is good, but man does the percussion work stand out in a great way.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02551 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES) "Cliffside Clamber"