OCR02552 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA) "Beneath the Moonlight"

Liontamer

Ever since the early WIP days I knew this mix had promise... I just didn't know how grand the end result would be. But then having heard completed tracks like Deep Sea Lights, Breaking the Crystal Key,Knautilus, as well as bonus mixes Dive and The Crystal Key is Broken, I knew Theophany would deliver with a masterpiece.

I couldn't have been more right, really. Absolutely phenominal arrangement with some incredibly professional live instrumentation. I love this mix so dearly :)

Hands down, this is my favorite mix from the DKC 3 album - it is an unorthodox song in its own right, and pulls off the abstract ambient style off to great effect.

Amazing job by all involved!

Quoted, and seconded for truth - there are some other songs off it that come close, and some that have been growing on me with each listen, but this is definitely my favorite off of it. The interplay between the various instruments was amazing, and I thought there was just the right amount of vocal sfx used to take it up a notch.

A superb album-ending track that, I must reiterate, was unquestionably worth the time we spent waiting for it. In fact, this is perhaps my favorite remix to date, period. I'm so proud that it's a part of the album :-) I hope others can enjoy it as much as I do.

Also, someone caught this on Youtube, but I'll point out the little bit of continuity for anyone who didn't notice:

Kong in Concert - "Beneath the Surface"

Serious Monkey Business - "Beneath the Canopy"

Double the Trouble! - "Beneath the Moonlight"

Each of which are ambient/rock hybrids that are all standouts on their respective album :-)

Wow. Just...wow. Just when I thought I picked my favorite track of the album upon my first listen (Sea Breeze Concerto) this gem comes along. A 9 minute epic. Never grows old and repetitive despite its length. All the playing and instruments just come together nicely here. The haunting violin and vocals, the subtle guitars, the atmosphere and ambiance of this mix -- everything is very well produced and written. Personally, this beats Spanish Jitters as the best collab of the album. Great work.

A superb album-ending track that, I must reiterate, was unquestionably worth the time we spent waiting for it. In fact, this is perhaps my favorite remix to date, period. I'm so proud that it's a part of the album :-) I hope others can enjoy it as much as I do.

Also, someone caught this on Youtube, but I'll point out the little bit of continuity for anyone who didn't notice:

Kong in Concert - "Beneath the Surface"

Serious Monkey Business - "Beneath the Canopy"

Double the Trouble! - "Beneath the Moonlight"

Each of which are ambient/rock hybrids that are all standouts on their respective album :-)

it's even funnier since 2 of those feature Fishy.

Words can almost not express the beauty of this ReMix. Just paint the picture of a sandy pier under a dark blue sky, with a full moon providing enough light to see the ocean's waves come in and out while listening to this. So gorgeous. I always thought the original had a tad bit of Spanish flair, and I'm glad to hear it here as well. The solo was a pretty cool way to capitalize on the giant build of this song. Worth the wait and certainly a magical track.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02552 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA) "Beneath the Moonlight"