SaGa FRONTIER II - Einsamkeit / Loneliness / “α” 1

Kaleb.G

Here's an early work-in-progress of a SaGa Frontier 2 arrangement I'm doing for my final project in Brad Fuller's Digital Orchestration class. For this assignment, I'm basing the arrangement off the piano version, but I'd like to add parts from the OST/game version afterwards. I have about 75% of the track covered in Sibelius right now, but I also have to stack up more brass and make other tweaks. After that's done, I plan to take it into Logic Pro and use the Kontakt Factory Orchestral samples with automation, and possibly some Vienna Symphony stuff too if I have enough free time to get into Studio B at school.

Again, this is unfinished, and it's using somewhat mediocre samples right now (Sibelius 7 Sound Set), but any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Game: SaGa FRONTIER II

Song: Einsamkeit / Loneliness /

Composer: Masashi Hamauzu

Link: https://soundcloud.com/kalebgrace/saga-frontier-ii-einsamkeit/s-Hul4F (UPDATED Dec 07)

This is nice! :D I'm not familiar with the source at all so I can't really comment on that :(

First thing that comes to mind is that this is very quiet, I had to boost up my volume to hear it. I know that it's a wip though ^^

My only comment about the arrangement though is that there could be more strings in there. It's probably just a personal preference thing, but I think that it might be interesting to try and add some parts in the strings sections, or even just to boost their volume a bit so we can hear them more

Otherwise I think this is cool ^_^