OCR02757 - *YES* Final Fantasy 6 'Bad Octopus'

Fishy

Blatant queue access abuse.

Fishy

Game: Final Fantasy VI

Sources: Save Them!, Grand Finale

ReMix name: Bad Octopus

This is for to be used in the album for ocremix of the 6th fantasy final.

When Andy asked me what track I wanted to do for the FFVI project, I decided to pick a few of the awkward ~45s length actiony songs that no one would want to mix and put them together into one prog mash. Eventually though I realised that these two were just too silly to mix with the others, so I decided to go all out circus mode on them. Like most of my arrangements, it blatantly reeks of someone else's music; in this case its Haken and ilp0.

Named after Ultros because he's awesome.

Save Them! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7dk1qUeRn4

Grand Finale http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkFR7Z2SG2M

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I thought the intro was a bit dry and startling, but maybe that was the intended effect. Once the lead guitar came in, you had me on board and this was smooth sailing. Well, as smooth sailing as a crazy carnival/funhouse song that changes its instrumentation every ten seconds can be.

Wow. He... read my mind. Even down the to the crit on the introduction. How did he do that?

Seriously though, it's a great take on two of FF6's already zanier themes, tackled with its own quirky approach. Also, Cain, apeing ilp0 was so awesome. That was a treat in-and-of-itself. :-)

YES

I have a working theory that Larry and Palp are the same person. I mean, I've never seen them in the same room at the same time - have you? (I've never met Palp)

Anyway, this is really great proggy stuff from fisshy. Given the links of artists' tracks he's sent in the past, this should come as no surprise. He's really showing off his arrangement chops here with the constant switches in styles, writing, and instrumentation.

Production is clean as we expect from his previous work. I was stuck a bit by the intro dryness as well, but yeah, it all gels together quickly.

Yes