FL Studio Remix Gauntlet -- Round 8 starts now, Round 6 results

Jason Covenant

Coastal Fishery, Noble Liberty, Note Delivery, Vocal Trickery, Global Mystery, Goat Rotisserie, Faux Vasectomy, Yodel Misery, Oat Distillery, Social Inquiry, Boat Artillery, Postal History...

Faux Vasectomy looks like the winner. That'd be, like, the ultimate prank.

Team Faux Vasectomy. Ben and Pete, WHAT SAY YOU?

i'm srs.

Are we going to take a compo hiatus during week 3 which I assume will fall during MAG??? Because I can't really mix for the first 2 weeks (studying for national board licensure exam), then there's MAGFEST right after that. I think a lot of people will be busy that week. I know Darke postponed the competition during the Wily Gauntlet last year during MAGtimes.

Are we going to take a compo hiatus during week 3 which I assume will fall during MAG??? Because I can't really mix for the first 2 weeks (studying for national board licensure exam), then there's MAGFEST right after that. I think a lot of people will be busy that week. I know Darke postponed the competition during the Wily Gauntlet last year during MAGtimes.

We can take a week off. We can also start a week later if that would be easier. I know this is a busy time of year for people, and I certainly think this warrants some flexibility.

I say we start a week later, that would give me two weeks when I could remix instead of only one. What are other people's thoughts?

well everyone on my team has done quite a few One Hour Compos. Two weeks really seems like a lot of time. I agree with taking a week off for magfest though if a lot of people here are going. I'm actually looking forward to the holidays as I'll have a lot of free time to work on something for that week.

and now I'm officially announcing our team name: The ONE HOUR CONQUISTADORS, featuring:

DDRKirby(ISQ)

FlexStyle

GLL

well everyone on my team has done quite a few One Hour Compos. Two weeks really seems like a lot of time. I agree with taking a week off for magfest though if a lot of people here are going. I'm actually looking forward to the holidays as I'll have a lot of free time to work on something for that week.

The way I understand the rules, each team member gets a week. If we started a week later, I would have greater availability to choose in which week I could remix. I don't mean to say we should have more time to remix.

I also agree with taking a week off for Magfest.

Who's 'we'? And what are the current teams anyway?

Rex and I.

Seems like the general preference is to take a week off for Magfest so we'll do that. However, voting will still occur during that week. It only takes a minute to vote, so this shouldn't be a problem.

The way I understand the rules, each team member gets a week. If we started a week later, I would have greater availability to choose in which week I could remix. I don't mean to say we should have more time to remix.

Right. One remix, 1 week. The source selection for the first 3 rounds will be pretty broad to keep things simple and easy.

When you've picked a name, make sure to let me know your team has definitely settled on a name and I'll adjust the roster accordingly.

Pete, Ben, and ecto, are you settled on "Team Faux Vasectomy" or do you need some more time to decide?