FL Studio Remix Gauntlet -- Round 8 starts now, Round 6 results

Jason Covenant

Whew, I really got the wrong idea about this round; to save anyone else from the same misinterpretation, you CAN use things other than sines; the concept of every sound essentially coming from a sine wave one way or another was just a means to join the concept of "everything" between sound and sources. ANY SOURCE IS FAIR GAME, ALL DEFAULT FL PLUG-INS ARE FAIR GAME

Whew, I really got the wrong idea about this round; to save anyone else from the same misinterpretation, you CAN use things other than sines; the concept of every sound essentially coming from a sine wave one way or another was just a means to join the concept of "everything" between sound and sources.

Well, anything you use is made of sines, since all sound is made of sines. So yea, anything on the list in the OP is fine.

Um...

Are we free to pick a source instead then or what?

Current News: (12/16/12) Round 1 begins now! This round's theme is Everything Is Made Of Sines. In the spirit of 'everything', you are allowed to remix any source from any game, provided that it would normally fit OCR's guidelines on acceptable source material.

Yup.

IMO, think about including one free workhorse like Synth1.

3xosc is capable of enough, but ehhh, that multi mini page GUI...

The whole point is working within limitations to challenge yourself and improve your fundamentals. Plus, it's fun.

Isn't WASP free now though? That one is quite underrated.

I agree, it's very underrated. I also thought it was free, like you, but as it turns out...

WaspDEMO.png

With 3x osc and ts404 free, you'd think it would be, but it isn't. Go figure.

According to Image-Line's site, Wasp, Wasp XT, DX10, DrumSynth Live and SimSynth Live are all included with the Fruity edition. Synthmaker is included with the Producer edition. What are we going off of?

The free version, AKA, the demo. It has roughly the same generators as the Express Edition and the same FX plugins as Fruity Edition. In theory, a person using the demo should be able to participate without much difficulty by saving their files when done for a session, sending the file off to a teammate to resave, then reopening the file again for the next session, etc.

I accidentally Sonic Spinball

edit: okay, are we ONLY turning in the flp? or do you want an .mp3 or .wav file as well?? I only see flp mentioned in the OP

Edit again: I submitted a .zip file with an FLP and MP3. the FLP runs without any other files, so the demo version will play it perfectly

Edited by Benjamin Briggs

Just an flp is fine. So long as you're just using fl default, I should have no trouble rendering an mp3. Which, I will be doing in case people have trouble playing back your particular flp, or don't use FL and want to listen in anyways. If you want to render your own, make it 320kbps.

Anyways, I'm still missing two entries but there's a little time left to turn them in.