FL Studio Remix Gauntlet -- Round 8 starts now, Round 6 results

Jason Covenant

Does anyone know why when I drag a sample from Piano 01 or Piano 02 into the playlist, it is timestretched A LOT and sounds like a square wave? It's only the Piano 01 and Piano 02 samples, and I can't fix it :/ It would be awesome to have those samples in my mix. This is going to be a cool one if I can pull it off :D

Right click on Time under the time stretching selection and select "None". If that doesn't work play around with the other settings. I didn't have that problem when loading the samples though, and typically I just load the whole set under Direct Wave.

Right click on Time under the time stretching selection and select "None". If that doesn't work play around with the other settings. I didn't have that problem when loading the samples though, and typically I just load the whole set under Direct Wave.

I've screwed with everything. It's still sounding weird.

If it helps at all, when I drag in, say, the next octave down of the same pitch, it is half the length, so as you go down octaves, it becomes less and less time stretched, but more and more time-compressed, so it gets tinnier and higher in pitch as you go down octaves o_O this is really weird. I have no idea what is going on.

And yeah, I'd use Directwaves, but I want to do a lot of audio editing with piano samples directly in the playlist.

Try alt-clicking all the timestretch settings.

zircon explained to us why this happened once, it has something to do with metadata in the file, something about loop or beat markers perhaps? I can't remember it that well, really.

edit: though, what you're describing sounds like something different. i've never touched those samples in particular. Do they play fine in the browser? what about in an external audio editor?

Try alt-clicking all the timestretch settings.

zircon explained to us why this happened once, it has something to do with metadata in the file, something about loop or beat markers perhaps? I can't remember it that well, really.

I'll give it a shot for learning purposes, but I just played in a really prolonged scale in directwaves and sampled and chopped it as needed. This tune is crazy :D

This seems like as good a time as any to suggest a song from the NES Godzilla game, released in the U.S. in 1989.

I've loved this soundtrack since I first played it 23 years ago (man, I feel old), and it hasn't really gotten much attention from the ReMix community.

Anyhow, just throwing it out there.

It's an awesome game with awesome songs (I even play it sometimes nowadays). I would like to some remixes of those.

The remix is coming along swimmingly, but I accidentally dragged a crash sample into the piano roll itself, and now there's a ghost/silhouette of that sample behind all my sequencing. The sample is silent, but my issue with it is when I sequence, say, 4 beats in the step sequencer, loopings gets wonky because that sample is longer than 4 beats and it appears in the piano roll in every pattern.

How do I remove this piece of shit?

The remix is coming along swimmingly, but I accidentally dragged a crash sample into the piano roll itself, and now there's a ghost/silhouette of that sample behind all my sequencing. The sample is silent, but my issue with it is when I sequence, say, 4 beats in the step sequencer, loopings gets wonky because that sample is longer than 4 beats and it appears in the piano roll in every pattern.

How do I remove this piece of shit?

What's stopping you from opening the piano roll and deleting it?

Not sure if this matters much, but are we doing Japanese or American release date? Or whichever came first?

A release is a release. So yea, whichever came first.

Also, ecto if you're having technical difficulties that you can't resolve, feel free to send me the flp and I'll take a look at it. If I can't solve the problem, I should at least be able to find you a work-around.

Edited by Jason Covenant

A release is a release. So yea, whichever came first.

Also, ecto if you're having technical difficulties that you can't resolve, feel free to send me the flp and I'll take a look at it. If I can't solve the problem, I should at least be able to find you a work-around.

Thanks, Jason, but I think I'll deal with it for now. I just extended the step sequencer to 8 beats and wrote in 2 bars worth of percussion at a time. No biggie. Maybe half done or so with this remix now. It's pretty sweet :D

Also hilarious.

I don't know if I'll have an entry this week. I've been trying for a couple hours to get something going and there's just no spark. Not even pre-spark smoke. Not even.. friction.

But I gotta say, every week I look forward to hearing the entries. You guys collectively rock.

If you can't think of anything then ask one of your team mates to go, or ask them for ideas.

I don't know if I'll have an entry this week. I've been trying for a couple hours to get something going and there's just no spark. Not even pre-spark smoke. Not even.. friction.

But I gotta say, every week I look forward to hearing the entries. You guys collectively rock.

Too bad D: I loved the guitar in your last remix. MOAR OF THIS.

I'm excited for YOU PEOPLE to hear my remix. It's pretty out there.