FL Studio Remix Gauntlet -- Round 8 starts now, Round 6 results

Jason Covenant

Yea, automation clips are fine.

Sorry guys, but I think I'm going to have to extend things again. If you're wondering what's got me so down, I have an ear infection and pancreatitis. Basically, pancreatitis is when you have a blockage in your pancreas, which causes the enzymes created by the pancreas to be unable to reach the stomach to aid in digestion. As a result, they activate prematurely and your body begins digesting itself. I can't take any painkillers because it could exacerbate the internal bleeding. Fortunately, my case is acute/mild, and is already resolving itself. In the meantime, I'm still dealing with the symptoms, which, plus the ear infection, have rendered me fairly useless.

So I'm just going to extend it to this Sunday, 2/24/13 at 2pm ET, like the old deadlines. If you've already turned in a mix, feel free to spruce it up a bit and send a new pm if needed. This new deadline applies to votes as well. I should be well enough by then.

I forgot the deadline was at 2 pm instead of 10, can I still submit? I was finished before the deadline. I'm sure nobody minds considering the deadline was changed twice.

Yea, it's fine. I won't be getting to work on the uploads/votes til this evening anyways.

Thanks guys for your well-wishes. I'm feeling a lot better now, though still out of sorts.

DOCTOR SENSES TINGLING.

Yeah, pancreatitis... shit. That sucks man, sorry. Any idea how you came down with it? It's a relatively rare one.

Genes, just like orlouge82 and the gallbladder. Thankfully I didn't need surgery for this case.

Take as much time as you need man. Pancreatitus is pretty serious, thought I had it once but turned out it was a kidney stone. The upside is that you no longer fear death, because short of spontaneous de-limbing, nothing could be more painful.

Besides, we'll have lots to vote on this next round cause of the delay. No more three-entry rounds yey

• 2 weeks later...
Jason hasn't been on Skype in days. It's just not like him. I just might show up at his house tomorrow and find out what's going on. Hopefully he's okay since he got sick.

Kinda thinking the same thing. Keep us posted dude...

Either way, since we passed my window of easy participation, I probably won't be able to participate much if at all in this last part of the compo unless it happens after the 16th. I've got a triple release happening and I'm cramming really hard for it. Spent all day yesterday working on album art so we can hype, and the track list isn't even close to done hahaha

Round 8 mixes are up. Still recovering from what's ailed me.

Round 9 will start this Sunday and last for 2 weeks. You can start voting now on round 8 mixes if you want. The deadline will be two weeks from this Sunday. Since there are again only 3 mixes, the same voting rules as last round apply. Round 7 results have been tabulated and will be revealed this Sunday, along with the start of Round 9.

Either way, since we passed my window of easy participation, I probably won't be able to participate much if at all in this last part of the compo unless it happens after the 16th.

I'm in the same boat here. Maybe not quite to the same extent as PH (Dude's in full beast-mode) but I'm not as available as I was when the rest of the compo was taking place. I've got to apologize to Mr. Nuts and Mr. Panther for being a total flop in this thing. The timing in which everything happened was just really, really bad. Though I'll still be around for input and such if you guys need it. I just can't dedicate myself to being primary remixer.