RECRUITING! - Donkey Kong 64 Album project

SoSiouxMe

Game: Donkey Kong 64 (DK64)

Concept: The main concept of the album is so that when it is listened to, it almost tells the story of the game. Make the songs sound like what you think the level represents, i.e.: a jungle, a giant factory, whatever. Make it so that someone who has never heard it can still hear the original song but know the environment it is in.

Guidelines: All genres minus ear-rape are accepted. Techno is allowed, but we would like a demo of prior works to be sure that it is unique enough. The pieces should reflect on the level/world/character they represent, or some quality that the remixer sees in the level itself; should be unique. Try to avoid staying too close to the original, and try to lean more towards the genre the remix best fits into.

It is recommended that people revisit the game to make sure they are familiar with the songs and also to gain some possible inspiration. It is also recommended that any remixer elaborate a little on what they plan to do to the song they claim in the description. This not only helps us by avoiding an over saturation of certain genres, but it might help other remixers as well.

Timeline: The deadline for the album will be around Sept. 24th, 2014. This gives us time to submit the album to OCR and have it available for DK64's 15th anniversary.

Deadlines for Check-ins:

Feb. 13th, 2013

May. 15th, 2013

Aug. 14th, 2013

Nov. 29th, 2013

Jan. 12th, 2014

Apr. 14th, 2014

July. 13th, 2014 (WIP's are due)

Sept. 24th, 2014 (Final Deadline)

Personnel: Mairujyat (Director), SoSiouxMe (Co-Director)

People who we need: Remixers, People to QA the WIP's, Artists, and anyone who could offer assistance on the album, whether it be helping with remixing or advertising.

Track List:

1 ) Main Menu (

) (Claimed by Afilion)

2 ) DK Rap (

) (Claimed by Kirbopher)

3 ) DK Isle (

) (Claimed by Argle)

-DK's Tree-house (
)

4 ) Monkey Smash (

) (Claimed by BlueTronic)

5 ) Jungle Japes (

) (Claimed by HoboKa)

6 ) Jungle Japes - Mine cart (

) (Claimed by Chimpazilla)

7 ) Tag Barrel (

) (Claimed by James Stant aka. Saxomaphone)

8 ) Angry Aztec (

) (Claimed by Kanohi)

9 ) Banana Fairy Island (

) (Claimed by Cosmic Sounds)

10 ) Frantic Factory (

) (Claimed by Argle)

11 ) Gloomy Galleon (

) (Claimed by Cody Wedel)

12 ) Mermaid Palace (

) (Claimed by Mairujyat)

13 ) Fungi Forest (Claimed by Emunator and Chimpazilla)

-Day
(
)

-Night
(
)

14 ) Fungi Forest - Mine cart (

) (Claimed by Kruai)

15 ) Crystal Caves (

) (Claimed by Skyline Drop)

-Crystal Caves Earthquake (
)

16 ) Creepy Castle (

) (Claimed by HoboKa)

17 ) Creepy Castle - Mine cart (

)

18 ) K.Rools Theme (

)

19 ) Hideout Helm (Claimed by SoSiouxMe and Mairujyat)

-Theme A (
)

-Theme B (
)

20 ) Bonus Barrel

-Intro (
)

-Normal Theme (
)

-Hideout Helm Version (
)

21 ) Final Boss (

)

22+ ) Any song that works in the main album that isn't listed here.

Bonus Disc

1 ) Rambi Theme (

) (Claimed by Cash and Change)

2 ) Enguarde Theme (

)

3 ) Funky Kong (

) (Claimed by Blue Magic)

4 ) Candy Kong (

)

5 ) Cranky Kong (

)

6 ) Wrinkly Kong (

) (Claimed by Draconiator)

7 ) Snide H.Q. (

) (Claimed by New Age Retro Hippie)

-Krem Isle Version (
)

8 ) Troff 'n' Scoff (

) (Claimed by Chiwalker)

9 ) Angry Aztec Boss (

10 ) Creepy Castle Boss (

11 ) K. Lumsy (

)

-Happy Theme (
)

12 ) Battle Theme (

)

13 ) Pause Menu (

)

14 ) Boss Medley (Subject to change if multiple people claim tracks individually)

-Jungle Japes
(
)

-Angry Aztec
(
)

-Frantic Factory
(
)

-Gloomy Galleon
(
)

-Fungi Forest
(
)

-Crystal Caves
(
)

-Creepy Castle
(
)

15 ) Power-up Barrel Medley (Not subject to individual claims)

-DK's Barrel (
)

-Diddy's Barrel (
)

-Tiny's Barrel (
)

-Lanky's Barrel (
)

-Chunky's Barrel (
)

*Order of songs subject to change upon completion*

Level of Completion:

Unclaimed song

Claimed without WIP

Claimed with WIP

Finished Song

*Suggestions are welcome for additional input.*

Edited by SoSiouxMe

Just letting everyone know that while SoSiouxMe is the one who started the thread, I'm working behind the shadows like some evil mastermind, plotting to blow up the world with a giant slingshot or whatever.

On that note, feel free to contact me on Skype with any questions, my Skype name is the same as my screen name, and I'll probably be online and able to answer.

I see we are on the same page here. I'll close my thread then since you guys seem to be much more organized :)!!

Can I claim Snide's HQ? I was planning to do it in a southern blues style like Stevie Ray Vaughn or Muddy Waters and call it something to the effect of "Live at the House of Blueprints"

Sure, by all means.

Edited by SoSiouxMe

I see we are on the same page here. I'll close my thread then since you guys seem to be much more organized :)!!

Can I claim Snide's HQ? I was planning to do it in a southern blues style like Stevie Ray Vaughn or Muddy Waters and call it something to the effect of "Live at the House of Blueprints"

Now that... sounds like something that'd be fun to hear!

The extra Krem Isle Version of Snide's HQ is an optional part that could be in the Snide's HQ remix, though it does allow for a change in themes if you need to have the song take a break from the 'normal' version for a short spell, so don't be shy about using that at all in the remix!

I can't claim anything atm, but I'm very interested in this ^_^ Funky's track is really awesome and I'd love doing it, but I just can't now.

If I ever get the time to make something for this I'll PM you :)

This is pretty much me as well, except i'm lookin at jungle japes.

Don't worry about it! The interest is more than enough, especially for Day 2 of the project!

Also, I'm available for quality assurance for WIPs if you'd like to hit me up on AIM sometime and send me works in-progress. Feel free to get in touch if you'd like to discuss progress or get some advice from someone who's been around the block a couple of times ;-)

That'd be much appreciated, though I don't use AIM at all... Mind if I add you on Skype instead? I tend to use that for most of my professional contacts.

I'm also on Yahoo, MSN, Gmail, Steam, and Twitter. My screen-name is literally the best way to find me, just try adding Mairujyat in any of those, and you'll find me.

Edited by Mairujyat

I definitely want to join this project, but I haven't decided which track to choose yet. So many good choices...:smile:

I'll post with a choice soon. Good luck with the project!

Thanks! Don't rush too much in choosing something, just take your time with it, we've got quite a lot of time. 8-)

Yessss! So glad that people are getting together for a project on this game! Had such a blast with this one back in the day... maybe I'll try and put a track together for this one...

Feel free to play around with any unclaimed tracks! Just be aware that songs can and probably will be taken without notice, so be prepared for that, if you invest a lot of time into something without claiming the song first.

But yeah, any help is greatly appreciated!

Heya! I'm VERY interested in working on the DK Rap track. Here's an example of some of the musical work I've done with a few friends:

Would you be alright with if I collaborated with others for the track, or do you want it to be kept to one artist each?

Collaboration is fine by me! Wahoo!! I can't wait to hear this one get done!

Edited by SoSiouxMe

Alright then! Put me and Blake Swift (Shadyvox) down for the DK Rap, then!

*Says this on the forums just to be official or something*

You've definitely got the DK Rap!

On a side note, add me on Skype/Gmail/Yahoo/Twitter/MSN if you want to bother me about something, or have any questions. I'm not too hard to find, since I use this name pretty much universally.

Anyway, good luck with your remix! Take it to the fridge!

If could be so bold, can I claim Angry Aztec's Level Theme without a current WIP? I would go for the Frantic Factory but it's already taken :l

Anyways, I have plans for an electronic-funk take on the Aztec!

I think that'd be great!

Feel free to contact me via PM or Skype or anywhere else, and I'll answer any questions or even bounce ideas around, if you want. Same name everywhere I go, I'm not too hard to track down.

So I'm just gonna say f it and lay claim to a track on this project. I liked this game way too much not to at least take a stab at it - and since classes are wrapping up soon I should have time to throw an arrangement together much more quickly.

Put me down for Crystal Caves, I think. Kind of want to try a Frank Ocean-type contemporary R&B interpretation.