RECRUITING! - Donkey Kong 64 Album project

SoSiouxMe

So I'm just gonna say f it and lay claim to a track on this project. I liked this game way too much not to at least take a stab at it - and since classes are wrapping up soon I should have time to throw an arrangement together much more quickly.

Put me down for Crystal Caves, I think. Kind of want to try a Frank Ocean-type contemporary R&B interpretation.

I think it'd be something worth looking into, though I am a slight bit hesitant, since my worry is that it might not suit the level's 'theme' (the crystal caves, trying to get it to bring something like that to mind).

Then again, I've been surprised quite often in the past, and I'm actually extremely curious how it might sound in the style of Frank Ocean. I'll bring it up with SoSiouxMe, though I've got a feeling you'll get it.

Add me on Skype, Yahoo, MSN Messenger, or Google Talk if you have any questions/complaints! I'm on all of those, my screen-name is the same, so it shouldn't be hard to find me!

Edit: Yep, you've got Crystal Caves! Looking forward to seeing how it goes!

Edited by Mairujyat

So not a lot of you know, but I'm going to be at MAGfest next weekend! I'm thinking that if anyone else on the project shows up, it might be a great opportunity to sort of do a bit of a get-together, probably throw around ideas, goofing off, play some games, etc etc.

Anyone else going to be there?

So not a lot of you know, but I'm going to be at MAGfest next weekend! I'm thinking that if anyone else on the project shows up, it might be a great opportunity to sort of do a bit of a get-together, probably throw around ideas, goofing off, play some games, etc etc.

Not planning on going, unfortunately :l I am however making progress on a rough cut of my song, so that's good news :x

I'm going and willing to bounce ideas, though i dunno if I can commit to the project just yet.

Even if you're not a part of the project, that's great to hear! I'm just really excited to know what other people might expect or want to hear in the album, and really look forward to any opportunity to communicate!

I'll be going to MAGfest. Can't wait for it to start!

Well, I'm going to be on my way to MAGfest soon. If anyone needs to reach me, drop me a line on Twitter. Can't do any huge conversations though! If anyone else going wants to meet in person and discuss ideas, play a game or whatever, just tweet me @Mairujyat! I'll be checking pretty frequently for any tweets!

I already have joined too many other projects, but if I happen to drop out of any of the other ones or finish another one really soon here (which is actually very possible), I am very interested in this.

I would claim one, but I'm going to give it a little bit to see if I'll have the time to be a part of this, if you understand what I'm saying. I just happen to want to be a part of everything, whether it's a remix album project or something completely different.

Thx for the message, this seems cool.

I would love to stab at the Troff 'n' Scoff theme, always had a special thing for it.

Here is a track (remix of a level from DK LAND!) for reference: https://soundcloud.com/chiwalker-1/banananaz I think (?) it'll be posted soon as it's in the 'to be posted' section of the judges decisions.

Thx for the message, this seems cool.

I would love to stab at the Troff 'n' Scoff theme, always had a special thing for it.

Here is a track (remix of a level from DK LAND!) for reference: https://soundcloud.com/chiwalker-1/banananaz I think (?) it'll be posted soon as it's in the 'to be posted' section of the judges decisions.

No problem. Troff n' Scoff is yours. Also, that is a really good remix!

You know, I think I might do the Final Boss theme. I'll see if I can think of something for it later.

For now, this is something that shows what I can do (though not necessarily the same genre I would intend for this theme): http://timaeusproductions.bandcamp.com/track/expansive-networking-network-is-spreading

Edited by timaeus222

You know, I think I might do the Final Boss theme. I'll see if I can think of something for it later.

For now, this is something that shows what I can do (though not necessarily the same genre I would intend for this theme): http://timaeusproductions.bandcamp.com/track/expansive-networking-network-is-spreading

Cool. I liked that piece you linked. Just let us know what you plan later on. But yeah, the Final Boss theme is yours.

Well, it looks like after some experimentation, I'll be going with a castlevania-like big beat/electronica remix.

After all of the great help you've given me on my Angry Aztec mix, I'm excited for what you'll come up with for the final boss theme. Keep me updated on your progress!

!?

Link! I want to hear it!

Woah, woah, hold on everybody, we'll get to the 'showing off' part soon enough, just want to get the track evaluated before we start throwing links around.

It's mostly because this is really, really early, and we haven't yet formalized a small team to sort of weigh in on WIPs and proposed final versions.