RECRUITING! - Donkey Kong 64 Album project

SoSiouxMe

Has all feedback been sent out or are you still in the process of messaging everybody? I only say this because I haven't received anything yet and I want to make sure I didn't miss something

You didn't miss anything. We've just been a bit busy. You'll get feedback in the morning Kanohi. And everyone else with a WIP(if we haven't already). Just hang on a little longer.

You didn't miss anything. We've just been a bit busy. You'll get feedback in the morning Kanohi. And everyone else with a WIP(if we haven't already). Just hang on a little longer.

Alright! Sorry if I'm sounding pushy, just want to keep informed!

Lol I just don't know if anything you've been saying is important, about deadlines and sending in WIPs and what-not. I don't have my own WIP, essentially (if anyone wants me to collab with them then I would be *part* of a WIP, but I don't have my own).

Yeah. I guess my question was pointless, now that I think about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that's one heck of a break we took. Sorry about that. College kinda sucks if you want to have time. :?

Anyways, a two fold post. First reason is to show we are still active. And the second reason is for a bit of news regarding the album. We decided to go the way of the DKC3 album and allow for multiple claims on songs. The way it'll work is the first claim goes on the main album. All subsequent claims will go on bonus discs.

I hope you guys had a good Easter and hope your remixing is going well. Talk to you guys soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi! I would love to go under Fungi Forest - Mine Cart, if I may. I know I don't have any posted remixes yet, so I can provide you with a sample of an original (for QA purposes):

Kruai - Cyberlove (Original Mix)

I would likely be making either a house or glitch-hop remix of the cart theme. There will likely be some dirt/grime thrown in.

If this is too far off of the guidelines, let me know! The mine cart theme is pretty panicky though, so I imagine a pretty heavy piece for its remix.

• 1 month later...

if anyone needs any vocal work done by a tenor/high baritone voice, i'd be more than willing to offer my own voice. i'm trying really hard to get my name out there, so i'll do anything anyone needs.

a link to my voice:

https://soundcloud.com/malachi-champion

(i have a better recording setup than i used here, i had to use my laptop's ambient mic for this one...)

• 4 weeks later...
if anyone needs any vocal work done by a tenor/high baritone voice, i'd be more than willing to offer my own voice. i'm trying really hard to get my name out there, so i'll do anything anyone needs.

a link to my voice:

https://soundcloud.com/malachi-champion

(i have a better recording setup than i used here, i had to use my laptop's ambient mic for this one...)

Your link is broken

EDIT: Never mind. It works now. Nice hat and hair XD

Edited by BlueTronic

• 3 months later...

Just a heads up: Project's still going, as far as I'm aware. Just the way things are playing out between school, work, and life in general, it's made it hard to keep on top of everything.

Going to be sending out PMs on the first and second of November to check up on everyone.

Again, sorry about all the silence, life's just been getting in the way of things.

• 4 months later...
I just want to check in here and see if this is still going on? If yes, I'll keep tweaking my track because I want to finish it for this and I don't want the DK64 project to die off

The project is still slowly moving along, just one of the only things that seems to be lacking are proper updates here in the thread (my bad, sorry!!).

Over the past three or four months we sent out several rounds of check-in PMs to a lot of the people who'd signed on, but not too many people have replied, and there hasn't been anything particularly news-worthy going on as of late.

But yeah, we're still alive here!

• 2 weeks later...
I just want to check in here and see if this is still going on? If yes, I'll keep tweaking my track because I want to finish it for this and I don't want the DK64 project to die off

Bump ^^^

this is a great album idea, don't want it to die :puppyeyes:

Kanohi I'd like to hear your track. I have all but finished my troff n' scoff and would be happy to share it with the other artists on the album just to keep up the interest

I don't think there'd be much of a problem with everyone sharing their tracks within the project, to be honest. If anything, it'd probably be a huge help to get others motivated to keep working on their own remixes! Just be sure not to post anything in the thread itself; don't really think it'd be a good idea to reveal the album's contents before it's finished.

On a bit of an unrelated note, sorry for the massive silence on my part. I've lately been juggling too many things at once, and it isn't really helping the project any...

Edited by Mairujyat

• 3 months later...

It seems the project has taken an unplanned hiatus and won't be done in time for our original deadline (November, 15th anniversary of DK64). I've stepped up to help get it on track, and created a dropbox for WIPs, which Mairujyat and SoSiouxMe have approved This means that by adding a subfolder with your name on it and rendering your mixes to that folder, we'll receive the mixes as soon as you make them, eliminating the hassle of sending them to the project supervisors. You can also hear tracks from other remixers on the dropbox

So if you still care about this project at all, just send me the email you use for dropbox and I will add you to the DK64 project dropbox folder. If you don't have dropbox, you can get it at https://www.dropbox.com/downloading (it's free). You are also free to stick with sending your mixes in by PM