Happy Birthday, OverClocked ReMix!

OceansAndrew

Congratulations to the OCR community! Only a handful of online communities make it to their teen years and still manage to stay as active and as vibrant as ever. I remember visiting OverClocked ReMix for the first time back when it was barely even a year old, and djpretzel released a brand new Yoshi's Island ReMix in honor of the start of the new millennium. I loved video game music, and I had never heard anything like this in my entire life. I was kind of new to this whole internet thing. I was so young, so naive. It was a magical time to be alive.

Since returning to OCR in 2009, I have learned more about popular genres of music than I had ever cared to, and that's a good thing. Though I have to admit, I think I would have made my way to loving Ke$ha, Katy Perry, and others without any influence from OCR. In fact I think that might be frowned upon (or at least receive a collective groan) by many people. ;-) I've dabbled in electronic music here, and a few of the songs will even make it on the site (eventually) and that is fantastic. I don't think I would have seen myself doing that without OCR being a part of my life. I can understand how people can be elitist or look down on other styles of music if they find one in particular that they really love (like classical) but I think an open mind, creativity, and time with musical innovation like the kind we have here will open you up to so many possibilities and avenues of understanding.

eODta.gif