OCR03819 - *YES* Seiken Densetsu 3 "The Dragon Emperor's Calling" *PROJECT* *RESUB*

OceansAndrew

Original Decision

Remixer name: Rexy (real name: Beverley Wooff)

Email: 

OCRemix user ID: 7528

Remix info:-

Remix title: "The Dragon Emperor's Calling"

Game covered: Seiken Densetsu 3

Songs covered: Weird Counterpoint (main source), Angel's Fear (several minor appearances), Whiz Kid (two cameos), Witchmakers (two cameos), Star of Darkness (Secret of Mana - single cameo)

Link: 

---

Well, that must've been the most ridiculous 9-month judgment call for some time, but thank you for your analysis on the original submission. I had no idea it came so close though, but either way, let's try this track again, shall we?

In the 9 months that passed, I ended up getting a new PC and moved to using Reaper as opposed to Cubase, so applying the changes wasn't quite all that easy thanks to having to reassemble the track in there (though luckily I still had the MIDI data intact). Nevertheless, I still paid as much attention as I can to tweaking the data for the performance to move more fluidly, and made the necessary production adjustments especially with the reverb. I even spent a fair chunk of an evening with Palpable, whom gave some very helpful feedback in regards to reverb and sustain use and the results of them working together, and I feel really grateful for his assistance.

Anything else that needs to be said about the track is way back in the original sub - the direction, the project placement, and the fact that Rozovian and Meteo Xavier are two of the coolest people I know for holding on to the Seiken Densetsu 3 project for so long. And like most people, I can't wait to see it finally unleashed to the world, and has been a great experience getting behind it!

Thank you guys again, and Merry Christmas :)

Peace out,

-Rexy-

• 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR03819 - *YES* Seiken Densetsu 3 "The Dragon Emperor's Calling" *PROJECT* *RESUB*