What did Santa get you? (Remixing Version!)

Argitoth

I DIDN'T REALIZE IT TILL NOW... I can buy Absynth upgrade for $19 at NI website because I purchased Absynth 1 within the grace period.

I got Absynth 1 on eBay for $43 (including shipping). I am getting the upgrade for $23 (including shipping). That means I have payed a total $66 for Absynth 3.

THAT IS DIRT CHEAP!!! 8)

I tell you my plan is working.

People have been buying old versions and using cheaper upgrade plans for awhile now.

Yes, and this is my plan, but I didn't realize until yesterday that I could get the upgrade for $19. I was very close to buying it for $100 from a reseller.

What I want to know is why I never thought of that.

If you have an income then you aren't poor enough like me to think for days about buying something. But actually most soft synths aren't so popular that people will be selling them on e-bay. Like Octopus sounds amazing when I listened to the demo, but no one will be selling that on e-bay. I think it's a downloaded package. You would have to go to KVR and go to the trading forum and wait... and wait... and then when it strays away from its pack just a little... POUNCE!!!!! AND RIP IT APART AND EAT IT!.. 8O

If you have an income then you aren't poor enough like me to think for days about buying something. But actually most soft synths aren't so popular that people will be selling them on e-bay. Like Octopus sounds amazing when I listened to the demo, but no one will be selling that on e-bay. I think it's a downloaded package. You would have to go to KVR and go to the trading forum and wait... and wait... and then when it strays away from its pack just a little... POUNCE!!!!! AND RIP IT APART AND EAT IT!.. 8O

No, see, my problem is I can't afford it, then I realize I can't afford it, then I go looking for an open-source alternative instead of trying to find a way to afford it.

I DIDN'T REALIZE IT TILL NOW... I can buy Absynth upgrade for $19 at NI website because I purchased Absynth 1 within the grace period.

I got Absynth 1 on eBay for $43 (including shipping). I am getting the upgrade for $23 (including shipping). That means I have payed a total $66 for Absynth 3.

THAT IS DIRT CHEAP!!! 8)

I tell you my plan is working.

Did you get it? I don't think a used purchase will count with NI as a new purchase. It's a liscense transfer. Won't you have to register the serial and then they'll check their records? Seems unlikely to me that you'll get that deal.

Did you get it? I don't think a used purchase will count with NI as a new purchase. It's a liscense transfer. Won't you have to register the serial and then they'll check their records? Seems unlikely to me that you'll get that deal.

Well, I already paid for the upgrade with a credit card. I'm not sure what you are saying though. A liscense transfer is not the same as simply giving an unregistered product to someone else. Anyway, it is highly unlikely NI is going to all of a sudden say, "Here's your money back, we can't send you the product." I already got the e-mail saying "your order is in blabla you will get the product in 7 days BLA." which is coincidentally also the amount of time I have to live... see cause I got a phone call yesterday, something about 7 days.

..lame joke :P

Personally, I would look into buying hardware used, and software at factory direct prices. Software is pretty easy to manipulate, have the CD's scratch, forget a reg. number and all that stuff, while hardware all that can go wrong is not having a power supply, or a knob is broken.

Though, personally, I've yet to buy anything used =\ . All the stuff came new or was given to me by my dad.

Getting back to the topic, I've gotten Edirol PCR-80, StylusRMX and Trilogy =D .

Personally, I would look into buying hardware used, and software at factory direct prices. Software is pretty easy to manipulate, have the CD's scratch, forget a reg. number and all that stuff, while hardware all that can go wrong is not having a power supply, or a knob is broken.

Not to mention the money is given to the developer for them to make more wonderful products.

The worst that can happen with software is losing the registration before you register it. Scratching the CD, losing the key... it won't matter... well scratching the CD might be a problem but there are ways around it. I actually lost my Diablo II CD key long ago in a galaxy far far away. I do have an extra Starcraft CD key because I ended up buying two copies. One for Starcraft when the price was $50 and another when it came with the expansion for $20

ANYONE WANNA TRADE? My starcraft for your diablo II? :P

Though, personally, I've yet to buy anything used =\ . All the stuff came new or was given to me by my dad.

Getting back to the topic, I've gotten Edirol PCR-80, StylusRMX and Trilogy =D .

Hey, now there's another PCR-80 owner! (aside from the ubiquitous PCR-30 owners)

Is that the PCR-M80 or just the PCR-80? PCR is definitely the most cost effective option for a 61-key MIDI controller, IMHO, so you made the right choice :D

But, you might ask, what were the fates of Rellik's holiday-season haul? (sorry about the sentence structure, I'm doing a Latin essay right now... if you can guess what parallel I seem to have drawn, you've probably read the Aeneid). As a Birthday/Hanukkah gift from my parents, I received the illustrious Miroslav Philharmonik software produced by the united forces of IK Multimedia and Sonic Reality. And a watch, and an amusing calendar, because how can you make music if you don't even know what time it is? How will you know when it's time for music?

If I get the full scholarship that I'm hoping against hope for, then I'll be back to tell you all of the amazing abundances of software and hardware I'll be buying.

Hey, now there's another PCR-80 owner! (aside from the ubiquitous PCR-30 owners)

Is that the PCR-M80 or just the PCR-80? PCR is definitely the most cost effective option for a 61-key MIDI controller, IMHO, so you made the right choice :D

Actually not. It's one of the mid-range price models. The M-Audio Radium is cheaper, and I believe the CME one might be cheaper, too.

However it's still a nice controller and it cerrtainly does not feel like a cheap controller. Playing with the Radium, I could hear the creaks of little springs behind the keys.

But, you might ask, what were the fates of Rellik's holiday-season haul? (sorry about the sentence structure, I'm doing a Latin essay right now... if you can guess what parallel I seem to have drawn, you've probably read the Aeneid). As a Birthday/Hanukkah gift from my parents, I received the illustrious Miroslav Philharmonik software produced by the united forces of IK Multimedia and Sonic Reality. And a watch, and an amusing calendar, because how can you make music if you don't even know what time it is? How will you know when it's time for music?

If I get the full scholarship that I'm hoping against hope for, then I'll be back to tell you all of the amazing abundances of software and hardware I'll be buying.

Just a plain PCR-80. It was either this, or a PCR-A30. Since I got it off of Novamusik, a reading the little description off the site, they're pretty much the same thing (PCR-(M)80), they were (and still are) having a special on the PCR-80 and since I don't have a controller, decided to pick one up =)