Could we Remix a song from Black Ops?

Generdyn

Hey Guys,

I see a lot of kid games up for remixing and that's cool, but I reckon it would be awesome if we could remix a song from the Black Ops 2 game!

Jimmy Hinson did some of the tracks featured in the game including Adrenaline and Spider Bot. Check it out!

http://www.image-line.com/documents/news.php?entry_id=1354075279&title=fl-studio-black-ops-2

So what do you guys reckon? I personally would love to remix Spider Bot.

Regards,

Generdyn

CoD and other shooters are generally eligible for remixing. Nobody ever seems to be very interested in doing them, though.

That's probably due to the fact that, unlike older games, the songs in CoD and other shooters are usually too complex to begin with...

Besides, how easy would it be to remix BGC anyway? :-D

COD caters to a wider audience than most Nintendo games in this day of age. But, the music is the kind that you'd hear in an epic action movie. I like that style and that's the kind of genre I'd like to remix, I was actually just wondering if anyone else had done it before or if it was even allowed.

the music is the kind that you'd hear in an epic action movie. I like that style and that's the kind of genre I'd like to remix, I was actually just wondering if anyone else had done it before or if it was even allowed.

Oh, it's certainly allowed. The problem with a lot of the new, cinematic soundtrack stuff is that (a) it's really complex, (B) it's already heavily arranged, and © there's no way to do it other than by ear, i.e. there usually aren't any easily-accessible MIDI files. A remix of a modern soundtrack song would probably focus in on one single part, and then expand on that a bit. Heck, I think I could do an entire album just from the first track of the Starcraft II OST.

If you want stuff in the style of CoD based on CoD, why don't you just listen to CoD? :P

If you wanna point ppl to a style, go ahead; if you wanna point ppl to a soundtrack, go ahead; if you wanna suggest a particular style for a particular track, go ahead. It's just that I don't think I'm alone in thinking that making a rock cover of a rock song isn't nearly as interesting as a bluegrass, jazz or trance take on it - and this applies to any and all genres and styles. It's hard to top the original, and remixing in the same style means ppl will inevitably compare the two that way, so you might as well find something else to remix in that style, or do something else with the source. imo, anyway.

Remember that the requests board doesn't come with any guarantee of your request being picked up. If you wanna remix it - just do it. :D