Dungeons & Dragons: OCR Edition (Check us out on #D&D)

Ethan Rex

So a couple of us in #ocremix have been kicking around the idea of making an OCR Dungeons and Dragons group using google+ or some other version of online chat to get together and play.

This thread is mainly to see who is interested and willing to play in such a group, as well as work out the details of making it.

Any takers?

EDIT: It looks like we're going to use 3.5 as the edition. Also, Halt made an IRC channel to talk or potentially play in: #D&D.

it looks like we'll have more players than one campaign can comfortably handle...

this is my concern as well

considering the amount of players and time availability for each of them, perhaps we could do mini-campaigns that don't focus as much on a continued narrative?

kinda like each time it's an abbreviated campaign of its own. this would also facilitate a bit of drop-in, since it would allow anyone to jump in with their characters if someone is unavailable for whatever reason.

i guess it would be more dynamic gameplay in a way...

this is my concern as well

considering the amount of players and time availability for each of them, perhaps we could do mini-campaigns that don't focus as much on a continued narrative?

kinda like each time it's an abbreviated campaign of its own. this would also facilitate a bit of drop-in, since it would allow anyone to jump in with their characters if someone is unavailable for whatever reason.

i guess it would be more dynamic gameplay in a way...

I've done this with a large group of friends before, Have a campaign that centers around a large organization or crew, like the crew of a large pirate fleet, or an organization of treasure hunters - every character is a member, this gives you a really easy way to get people in and out of a campaign and instantly establishes basic character relationships.

I've done this with a large group of friends before, Have a campaign that centers around a large organization or crew, like the crew of a large pirate fleet, or an organization of treasure hunters - every character is a member, this gives you a really easy way to get people in and out of a campaign and instantly establishes basic character relationships.

Sounds awesome to me. It should be sky pirates, though this idea is pretty much stemming from pirates in your post and sky in your sig.

I agree not 4th edition. (Even though it's the only edition i know, haha!)

Thing is, such a large group is very hard to manage. The idea is great. But take into consideration of combat.

It could take ages! I don't really see a work-around for it unless this is going to be very RP based, you know?

Unless in this "organization" It would really have to be split into two groups either way. Unless some magic man can speed combat up?

Also: I'd really like to roll my own dice. Dice servers are for chumps. I'd assume we can all be trustworthy with our rolls?

So a couple of us in #ocremix have been kicking around the idea of making an OCR Dungeons and Dragons group using google+ or some other version of online chat to get together and play.

This thread is mainly to see who is interested and willing to play in such a group, as well as work out the details of making it.

Any takers?

openrpg.com Free and has all the resources you'll need.