OCR01441 - Final Fantasy X "White Skies (Club Mix)"

djpretzel

Wow, this is the closest anyone has ever gotten to "professional" trance on this site. I'm having a party next month that will have entail 10 hours' worth of trance over 100 trackse (that's just how it worked out when I decided how many hours I could fit on one CD, and I was off by 20MB), so I may need to bend the "rules" by about 8 minutes since there's no way I'm passing up something as good as this. :)

Wow, this is the closest anyone has ever gotten to "professional" trance on this site.
This is the truth. And it's very good trance. I enjoyed this a great deal and I only wish for a higher bitrate.

9.5/10

Higher bitrate version is available at vgmix.

Anyway, this mix is awesome. It's easily shot up to being one of my favorite trance mixes on this site, right up there with "Save Me".

Finally a remix that I don't need to complain about how short it is, bLiNd gives us all the time we need for this one.

It began well, the synths and beats kicked in as soon the mix started, and over the time more and more instruments joined the party. The strings used for the melody wasn't really strong, so recognizing the original track might be hard.

I liked the sudden change at 2:35 when the whole remix went into an other direction, it was at that point that I could fully recognize the original melody inside it. The walkover to trance was excellent, since bLiNd used a very good synth as a bridge to it. He kept the strings, good call I think, and the mix had now built up itself to the max. At 4:39, it released its full glory, and it was magnificent. I concur with everyone else here, this is the best trance I've ever heard so far.

Great work bLiNd, truly great work.

Not a bad piece, bit repetitive in light of the recent submissions, and yet, I still enjoyed listening to it. It develops into a very nice trance piece in the center section, after the introduction.

Not knowing the FF soundtrack, I still enjoyed this.

I'll give it:

7.5/10

I had thought the name White Skies had sounded familiar, then when the melody came in I realized that it was a version of one of the songs he had on the PPM Trance Album (which happened to be my favorite song on that album...). Great stuff, I'm loving in,.. but then I love just abut everything bLiNd doesn.

I am a huge fan of this mix despite the ongoing debate about it, and though this is partly due to inherent fondness for the song itself--it being my favorite from FFX, with the possible exception of Some Day the Dream Will End--I find none of the faults you mentioned enough to snuff my crazy dancetastic response. Rock on.

Good stuff, except for the horrendously, ludicrously, absurdly, horrifically, ridiculously, gimme-a-break-are-you-kidding-me intro which is the most unoriginal trance rehash crap which generally speaks for 99% of the genre and made me want to GOL (gag out loud). But with this remix, blind definately stands out in my mind. Seems like he's surpassed Oakenfold, although to most people thats not saying much ;P

Good stuff, except for the horrendously, ludicrously, absurdly, horrifically, ridiculously, gimme-a-break-are-you-kidding-me intro which is the most unoriginal trance rehash crap which generally speaks for 99% of the genre and made me want to GOL (gag out loud). But with this remix, blind definately stands out in my mind. Seems like he's surpassed Oakenfold, although to most people thats not saying much ;P

Hence "Club Mix" aka for the djs to mix into a set. its necessary. Check out my snowbound remix from earthbound for a nice intro to a dance song. You have to understand the genre...

Next time I submit to OC it will be "OC Edit", like a radio edit, and vgmix will have the full on mix. It fits the guidelines better i guess.

Hence "Club Mix" aka for the djs to mix into a set. its necessary. Check out my snowbound remix from earthbound for a nice intro to a dance song. You have to understand the genre...

Next time I submit to OC it will be "OC Edit", like a radio edit, and vgmix will have the full on mix. It fits the guidelines better i guess.

Don't sweat it, man. Magi_tekk doesn't know the standards, djp and the judges do. And we gave you 4YES. This is an amazing piece by our standards and by the standards of dance/trance music.

Don't sweat it, man. Magi_tekk doesn't know the standards, djp and the judges do. And we gave you 4YES. This is an amazing piece by our standards and by the standards of dance/trance music.

What's with the diss Mr. Fancy Pants Judge. Just because we have different standards doesn't mean I have to subscribe to yours. Maybe blind can handle some heftier criticism unlike say...you??

Go get a cheese steak at Geno's (or better yet Jim's) and leave me alone.

Now you're attacking me personally, and logic says I should delete your post as it's rude and offtopic. But I won't. I simply said that you don't know the standards. What can I say? You don't. That's not an insult or a "diss". Most people don't know the standards.

My point was addressed to blind, not you. You were saying that the song intro was really bad and generic. OK, fair enough. But you made it sound like that was the official OCR stance on the song. That simply ain't true, and I wanted to make sure blind knew it.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01441 - Final Fantasy X "White Skies (Club Mix)"