OCR01441 - Final Fantasy X "White Skies (Club Mix)"

djpretzel

Good stuff, except for the horrendously, ludicrously, absurdly, horrifically, ridiculously, gimme-a-break-are-you-kidding-me intro which is the most unoriginal trance rehash crap which generally speaks for 99% of the genre and made me want to GOL (gag out loud). But with this remix, blind definately stands out in my mind. Seems like he's surpassed Oakenfold, although to most people thats not saying much ;P

You're saying then that you've heard 99% of the genre then, so you can say that this sounds like everything else?

Thank you for letting us know how much of a musically deaf person you are, and demonstrating your unmeasurable amount of ignorance.

Last I heard Paul Oakenfold did not sound like 99% of other trance artists; that's why he's world famous. Also, bLiNd's particular style does not sound like Oakenfold, but it's still a unique enough style to set him apart from other artists, especially in a song like this one.

I doubt if you (MaGi_TekK) will ever read this, but if you do, please don't clutter this forum or this website anymore with any more comments demonstrating your lack of intelligence and musical taste.

Thank You

this is hot stuff. amazing. can't wait to see it mislabeled on Kazaa as something by one of the more mainstream trance artists.

Bah-hahahahahaaaaa!

Superb mix, sir! I immediatly went back and downloaded your entire library on OCR, then raped your sites bandwidth with a downloading spree. Everything I downloaded has yet to be removed from my playlist, though this track is still far and away my favorite.

• 2 weeks later...

This is hot. The track starts off with some nice heavy goodness and then evolves dramatically as it moves along---what really made me sit up and take notice was the creative interpretation with the gated synth at around 2:36, which eerily sounds as if it's an actual whistle, but yet, not. The dynamics in this mix rock the house. It's crystal clear, it's full of awesome sounds, and makes you move. There's no way you can ignore this song.

bLiNd sets an example for us all and brings great honour not only to OCRemix and the VG music remixing community, but the genre that this song represents.

• 2 months later...

First: this song made me register on the forums. It f**ing rocks!

I have been listening to trance and other EDM for quite a while, own lots of trance in 12" vinyls and I have started learning DJing. This one will be on my sets definitely when the time comes.

This track is one of the best non-commercial and freely distributed trance/edm tracks I have heard. I do not know much about music production but this is just zomgwtfbbqlol!

Keep up the good work. You should definitely send this in to some trance labels to check out. I would buy this if this one would be released on 12" :)

p.s.

Any chance for a higher bitrate mp3 download, pls? :)

• 2 months later...

Freakin awesome song. It's the song I fall asleep to almost every night(along with my all VG-remixed electro songs). Downloaded it months ago and still love it. Dude, Europeans at the World Cup would go crazy to hear this during the Championship game, but that's just my fantasy. :P

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

As a long-time fan of 'club trance', I must say I am generally skeptical of -- and ultimately bored with -- tracks which are extended to the necessary 'club' length just to be classified as such. It's generally a waste of time for the listener, as what the average 'club' song has to say can be said as effectively in half the time (i.e. radio edit). Fortunately for we OC listeners, Blind has given us a track with substantial build up, climax, and cooldown. All three parts being distinct enough to maintain interest throughout. The synth lead /chords beginning after the first 90 seconds or so really, really get your head bobbing.

I'm surprised by how much I enjoy this track; what could be a generic 'club' length song has genuine appeal and enough evolution to entrance the listener, which, after all, is the goal of 'club trance', I reckon.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I know you're doing the whole club mix thing and/but the buildup is fantastic! Kick is strong (woo), the bass is playing one note but the gating/repetitive attackiness takes care of it. Only thing that makes me sad is that once the groove and accompaniment are fully established (1:44) it only repeats once before things change and you add that piano, eventually breakdown and work your way into the B theme - only to completely abandon the A theme in all its beauty.

But if it makes you feel any better, this song has become my Theme for Successful Use of Bathroom! At least the first half.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01441 - Final Fantasy X "White Skies (Club Mix)"