Team OverClocked ReMix - Folding@Home

100_PERCENT ROEMER

It only uses up spare CPU cycles. I don't even notice it running. Besides my CPU meter being pegged.

I'm GigaVolt on Folding@Home, BTW, but you don't even have to add me to the "official" list since my computer is so slow that my contributions are almost irrelevant.

i was more looking for a reaction from someone who's used the client, actually.

What are you trying to say? Even if my computer has a single-core CPU, the experience should be the same using the SMP client. My point is that you can fold your proteins while using your machine normally and you won't notice the difference even though it's always running.

I'm trying to help you out here.

What are you trying to say?

what i'm trying to say is that the dual-core beta is a beta, dumbass. it's not the same client as the single-core full-release model. since i only run the client when i'm not touching my machine, i want to make sure it doesn't eat my hard drive or something while i'm not there monitoring system performance. and i'd like to run F@H on both cores when i'm not there.

even if you run it, that's only a single-core machine (or at least a really shitty one, according to your post). things work differently with two cores running simultaneously (which is how it works).

what i'm trying to say is that the dual-core beta is a beta, dumbass. it's not the same client as the single-core full-release model. since i only run the client when i'm not touching my machine, i want to make sure it doesn't eat my hard drive or something while i'm not there monitoring system performance. and i'd like to run F@H on both cores when i'm not there.

even if you run it, that's only a single-core machine (or at least a really shitty one, according to your post). things work differently with two cores running simultaneously (which is how it works).

LOL

Obviously it was a mistake trying to help you. Sorry.

For anyone that hasn't yet noticed, the GPU2 beta client is also out. Basic requirements for running the client (taken from F@H faq page):

Basic Requirements:

* 2xxx/3xxx ATI Video Card, or newer

* ATI Driver v8.1+, v8.3 or newer recommended

* AGP GPU aperture size in the BIOS must be set to 128 MB or larger

* Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, with updates recommended

* Windows operating system, XP or newer

* Processor with SSE2 support to feed the GPU

It's still a beta so there are still a few bugs. I noticed two nights ago that the program was continuously sending corrupted cores and I was receiving 0 work units for them. So I had to stop and restart the program and since then everything has been going smoothly. I noticed a 100 point jump in WU/day with running on GPU2 as opposed to running two single console clients. I haven't tried the SMP client yet, so I don't know which one awards more points. I would probably try out SMP client at a later period, though installing and monitoring it seems more of a hassle than running the GPU client.

• 1 month later...

So, did anyone watch WWE Raw this week. Thank god HHH is going to smackdown. This turn of events will finally allow Jericho to once again attain main event status. But I have a feeling that somehow HHH will find a way back to Raw in a month or two. There is no way his ego will allow him to remain on a B show.

my computer's been having trouble 'recovering' from running this for extended periods of time, so i'm going to have to put it off for a little while. it tends not to come out of screensaver if i leave it on for more than a few hours at a time.

Hmm, never had that problem before. Might want to check out the FAH site and see if there's any info regarding that problem.

Anyways, thanks again to everyone for participating!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i haven't folded on my computer in over two months, and i'm still #19 overall in active folders, #25 in the whole team.

i preinstall f@h on every computer i build with my info, though, so boxes i haven't touched in months still fold for my dark empire.

Heh heh. Nice.

Do you install it to run during screensaver, or all the time?

• 2 weeks later...