Team OverClocked ReMix - Folding@Home

100_PERCENT ROEMER

I leave my computer running for months at a time...it hasn't suffered any ill effects yet and I've had it for almost 6 years now.

I'm told turning computers on and off is bad for them because it puts stress on the components with the sudden rush of electricity, they can be shorted out or something I guess.

Running a computer too long might be bad if your computer generates a lot of heat I would suppose...

So maybe both theories are true....

Either way, my computer takes about the same amount of time to fold a unit of 2000 as it does a unit of 100. Which is about 2ish days.

Is anyone else here having problems with running F@H program and azureus at the same time? I noticed that when I was folding Gromacs core, both programs ran fine; but for the last few days I have been recieving Amber or Tinker core, which appear to be incompatible with Azureus for some reason.

I have installed and reinstalled the software ten times but it still doesn't work properly when Azureus is running.

...my computer takes about the same amount of time to fold a unit of 2000 as it does a unit of 100. Which is about 2ish days.

Yeah, I'm seeing that now, too. I didn't get that some frames were more complex or whatever the deal is. If I had my own comp. I'd do the bonus points thing. Oh well.

Is anyone else here having problems with running F@H program and azureus at the same time? I noticed that when I was folding Gromacs core, both programs ran fine; but for the last few days I have been recieving Amber or Tinker core, which appear to be incompatible with Azureus for some reason.

I have installed and reinstalled the software ten times but it still doesn't work properly when Azureus is running.

For me, both work perfectly together, even with Amber core.

What would really help out is if someone installed the program on a large network of computers at their workplace or something like that. If any of you have the means to, I'd recommend asking permission to install the program in screensaver mode on a workplace network and have it process WU's for Team OCREMIX.

You'd only recommend? Asking permission is more of a MUST. Even if you're the administrator of a network of computers you absolutely should ask whoever owns those boxen for permission. Ask them in person. And get the consent written, signed, and dated on paper and file it in a safe place.

Seriously. I recall a story about an administrator getting sued and/or fired for installing SETI@Home on several computers he administered without proof of permission to do so.

What would really help out is if someone installed the program on a large network of computers at their workplace or something like that. If any of you have the means to, I'd recommend asking permission to install the program in screensaver mode on a workplace network and have it process WU's for Team OCREMIX.

You'd only recommend? Asking permission is more of a MUST. Even if you're the administrator of a network of computers you absolutely should ask whoever owns those boxen for permission. Ask them in person. And get the consent written, signed, and dated on paper and file it in a safe place.

Seriously. I recall a story about an administrator getting sued and/or fired for installing SETI@Home on several computers he administered without proof of permission to do so.

The statement (understandably) looks unclear, but he's not using the word recommend in the loose sense you're implying. He really meant it as "I'd recommend asking permission in order to install the program in screensaver mode on a workplace network and have it process WU's for Team OCREMIX."

The statement (understandably) looks unclear, but he's not using the word recommend in the loose sense you're implying. He really meant it as "I'd recommend asking permission in order to install the program in screensaver mode on a workplace network and have it process WU's for Team OCREMIX."

Yeah, that was poor wording on my part. I meant what LT wrote.

Actually, I'll ask my dad if he could do that at his workplace. We'd really get some WU's pumping out then :)

I was going to start a thread to see if people wanted to start a BOINC team, but this seems to be just a worthy a cause... and all the work to get it started is done :wink:

I'll get a few computers adding to it when they finish their current BOINC work unit.

Edit:

woot... 42nd post...

Wow...how many of these things do you have running?

I was going to start a thread to see if people wanted to start a BOINC team, but this seems to be just a worthy a cause... and all the work to get it started is done :wink:

I'll get a few computers adding to it when they finish their current BOINC work unit.

Edit:

woot... 42nd post...

Nice to have someone with a network of computers join up :)