Team OverClocked ReMix - Folding@Home

100_PERCENT ROEMER

I was going to start a thread to see if people wanted to start a BOINC team, but this seems to be just a worthy a cause... and all the work to get it started is done :wink:

I'll get a few computers adding to it when they finish their current BOINC work unit.

Edit:

woot... 42nd post...

Wow...how many of these things do you have running?

Just two computers at work, and I haven't gotten around to putting it on my computer at home since its on dial-up...

I did apply for a different job that would put me in charge of a lab of about 20-25 computers. The guy I talked with there was very nice and I'm sure he'd ok it... now I just need to get the job, and I should have heard back from him by now, so I don't know... :?

I've been running this for a few days now and finished a couple WUs... but the one I'm working on now is 20,000 frames, so it might take a while. :x

The problem is, whenever I try running a fullscreen program (like a game), F@H causes it to minimize down to the system tray once every few seconds. Does that happen to anyone else?

I've been running this for a few days now and finished a couple WUs... but the one I'm working on now is 20,000 frames, so it might take a while. :x

The problem is, whenever I try running a fullscreen program (like a game), F@H causes it to minimize down to the system tray once every few seconds. Does that happen to anyone else?

Yeah, it's a pain in the ass. Get the DOS based one if it's really important to you that it doesn't do that.

Yeah, it's a pain in the ass. Get the DOS based one if it's really important to you that it doesn't do that.

I usually terminate the program when I want to play fullscreen games. It doesn't advance much during that time anyways ;)

I have a question. Does the command line client run any faster than the graphical one? In terms of folding speed, anyway.

Unless you are looking at the graphics, or have them on the screen like the screensaver, I think they should be the same, but I haven't tested it.

If you're looking at the graphics it can slow down the processor, especially if its on-board video, since it has to render the graphics. Depending on the video card though, it might not slow it down much at all (I think i read the grapic is Open GL, while most video cards don't support it, but I could be wrong)

I also have a question about the command line client. Is there a way not to have it in the window? I can minimize it but it is still in the task bar...

I'm thinking of putting F@H on my mom's computer, but she already has too much on there running in the background, so it might be after I clean out what isn't needed.

I've also talked to a few friends and they might be joining in too. One of which works in the IT department for a local business, and may add 12 computers to our group.