OCR02562 - Final Fantasy VII "Not the Taxi You Whistled For"

djpretzel

Well, I hit play on this one before even starting to read the write-up, and needless to say I was really surprised from the get go. On OCR, we typically get music in one of the 'holy trinity' genres (electronica, rock, or orchestral). I don't think I've heard bluegrass on this site yet, but if this is the first venture into that genre, then it sets the bar quite high. Nice work all around!

well played! I've been kinda itching for a little more bluegrass from OCR and you definitely delivered. I've also been playing through FFVII lately and thinking it would be fun to figure out Farm Boy on my guitar. You've got some great skills and a lot of creativity. Look forward to hearing more from you!

well played! I've been kinda itching for a little more bluegrass from OCR and you definitely delivered. I've also been playing through FFVII lately and thinking it would be fun to figure out Farm Boy on my guitar. You've got some great skills and a lot of creativity. Look forward to hearing more from you!

Thanks :) I'd be happy to pass you the chord structure. It's way easy.

• 3 weeks later...

I loved this. Congratulations on something truly original. I felt totally transported to a bluegrass band (or a back porch) where everyone was getting together and just taking the tune and running with it in a wonderfully organic matter. TREMENDOUS whistling - the ability for that to be both the lead and the background was impressive! A must for everyone who wants something new that they haven't heard before!

This remix inspired me to register for the OC forums so I could comment favorably. It's upbeat, fun, and distinct; almost like two of the happier tunes from FFVII were infused with the energy of the Super Mario Sunshine soundtrack (initially I thought Wild Arms solely due to the use of whistling lol). Remixes that make the listener(s) smile are a good thing.

As Cloud and the group are leaving Midgar, they find a Chocobo farm which has recently been purchased by... the Beverley Hillbillies.

Or maybe a joke about Green Acres is the way to go.

Nonetheless, this arrangement really made me smile. Superbly put together!

Edited by moosegg3

• 6 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02562 - Final Fantasy VII "Not the Taxi You Whistled For"