Baktun

majorjazzman

Hey everybody! Just finished my latest original please check it out and let me know what you think!

Baktun

The Maya Long Count Calendar uses Baktun to represent 20 Katun cycles which is about 394.26 tropical years. On December 21, 2012 the current (13th) Baktun will end and, according to some, the world with it.

The main focus of the song is to celebrate the end of the 13th and the beginning of the new cycle with a middle section dedicated to the supposed end of the world.

Enjoy!

Awesome.

It has a very 8-bit, 'megaman', joyous feeling to it. As a matter of fact, bring on Baktun-man! :)

0:00-0:40 - The world moving along as usual, a nice neutral beat to portray this

0:40 - 1:00 - I really enjoyed the instrumentation here, the higher pitch synth was nice and clear, almost as if to tell people to open their eyes, the end is coming!

1:50 ~ The transition to the middle of the piece was well done, and does a good job of conveying a change in mood. I feel the deliberate change in mood and not tempo depicts an apocalypse everyone expected, and so, no sense of urgency was needed. Good stuff.

2:32-2:50 - ahhhh the fireballs, meteors, nukes, moons, stars (whatever) all come-a-crashing down! This is one of my favourite parts.

2:50 ~ conveys a nice "world restart" and here we go again world - the new calendar cycle!

Overall, I like your interpretation of end of the world with this piece, keep it up =)

Cheers!

Daiko

Awesome.

It has a very 8-bit, 'megaman', joyous feeling to it. As a matter of fact, bring on Baktun-man! :)

0:00-0:40 - The world moving along as usual, a nice neutral beat to portray this

0:40 - 1:00 - I really enjoyed the instrumentation here, the higher pitch synth was nice and clear, almost as if to tell people to open their eyes, the end is coming!

1:50 ~ The transition to the middle of the piece was well done, and does a good job of conveying a change in mood. I feel the deliberate change in mood and not tempo depicts an apocalypse everyone expected, and so, no sense of urgency was needed. Good stuff.

2:32-2:50 - ahhhh the fireballs, meteors, nukes, moons, stars (whatever) all come-a-crashing down! This is one of my favourite parts.

2:50 ~ conveys a nice "world restart" and here we go again world - the new calendar cycle!

Overall, I like your interpretation of end of the world with this piece, keep it up =)

Cheers!

Daiko

Thank you very much! You pretty much caught on to exactly what I was going for with the piece!

Great (Chip)tune, nice work!

I also checked out a couple of your other tracks on soundcloud. I noticed there are a lot of jazz standards. I like jazz, you guys play pretty good!

Hey, The Long Trail :). That's a rarely played tune (i think).

Thank you very much! Anything done by Tom Harrell is often both under-appreciated and under-played! It's a real shame!